Senior Brand Manager
Senior Brand Manager
Location; Rueil Malmaison, France
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love.
We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Do you want to be part of building a new company, transform the way we do marketing and revamp of portfolio of strong but traditional brands through new growth innovations, moving into new product categories, markets and even new (digital) business models? You bring an entrepreneurial mindset, always put the consumer first, think digital first and drive for perfect execution? In that case you might be the right person to lead some of Upfield’s well-known brands like Fruit d’Or, PlantaFin or ProActiv.
From day one we expect you to stand up as the brand expert, we want you to have an opinion and we need to hear it!
- Development and execution of brand marketing plans, including innovation, activation, shopfloor and media planning.
- Build brand equity through brand positioning, marketing mix and communication strategy.
- P&L Management, A&P budgets, sales forecasting.
- Develop renovation & innovation roadmap to deliver (profitable) growth, aligning with global marketing and other market units to create synergies.
- Building a true partnership with your agencies getting the best out of them.
- Establishment of agile ways of working in cross functional teams to deliver better and faster.
- Drive the consumer journey from inspiration to shopping baskets.
- Creation and ownership of a powerful and innovative digital marketing plan with execution across all relevant touchpoints.
- Manage input into and the relationship with Shopper & Customer Marketing for the brands portfolio, including defining and managing competitive pricing and promotional strategies across channels
- Drive continuous improvement, tracking brands’ performance at a market, segment and customer level and measure A&P ROI.
- Monitor and analyze market and competitor performance/activities in order to inform long term forecasting decisions through concrete assumptions.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and work closely with Business Operations to ensure alignment and consistency in go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with Customer Development to deliver compelling customer facing brand plans and drive perfect execution of agreed activity plans at shopfloor.
- The skills, personality and experience to truly listen to our customers, consumers and business stakeholders.
- You challenge the status quo and constantly look for opportunities for innovation and new growth.
- A real founders mentality and entrepreneurial mind-set.
- You are curious, like to experiment (build – measure – learn) and are not afraid to take risks.
- Experience working closely and effectively with digital teams, global marketing and our customers.
- We need people who know the value of building relationships and the ability to support at all levels.
- Strong Can-Do mentality – someone who doesn’t give up easily and gets things done against all odds.
- Performance mindset – someone who tracks results in real time and drives continuous improvement.
Key Competencies/ Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years relevant marketing experience.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with focus on the solution rather than the problem.
- Consumer obsessed & digital marketing enthusiast
- Business savvy with good analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Strongly self-motivated and passionate about delivering new (digital) ideas/projects from beginning till end.
- You motivate, inspire a vision and rally the team during difficult times.
- Highly organised & proactive with strong ownership & passion for the brands.
- Experienced with consumer centricity and consumer engagement - digital nature
- A marketeer with opportunity mindset integrating sales, marketing and digital
- Experienced with new ways of working in marketing (sprints, collaborative)
- Commercial acumen with product category understanding
- Storyteller – able to ‘bring the story’, merchandising experiences
- Enthusiastic and Energetic.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to extract and consolidate information in systematically align with business senses.
- Creative, logical & strategic thinker with a strong understanding of business strategies
- Writing insights driven creative briefs and judging creative work. Lead content development.
- Project Management and ability to work effectively with, and influence diverse, cross-functional teams in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Able to think bold, not afraid to disrupt the status quo and a believer who can move mountains!
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
Interested in this role?
Then hit the apply button now! You can apply until the 13th of February. After the closing date our Recruiter will review your cv and if we see a fit we will set up a telephone interview first. Once we both agree to a fit we move to the first face to face interview