At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Development and execution of brand marketing plans (BMPs) for the UK & Ireland to deliver sustainable business and share growth across both markets.
- Own the relevant Brand P&L and input of long-term forecast assumptions for UK&I.
- Lead the development and execution of Brand Activity Plans, on time, in full.
- Manage input into and the relationship with Shopper & Customer Marketing for the brand / portfolio
- Constantly review brand performance at a market, segment and customer cell level for ongoing improvement.
- Monitor and analyse market and competitor performance/activities in order to inform long term forecasting decisions through concrete assumptions. Proactively recommending changes to the annual plan to drive improved growth and competitiveness
- Lead cross-functional project teams and work closely with Business Operations to ensure alignment and consistency in go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with CD to ensure engagement and successful execution of Brand Plans, including defining and managing competitive pricing and promotional strategies across channels
- Develop and present compelling trade stories to key Customers to help secure listings and support for key initiatives
- Develop robust Business Cases and manage projects through key gate-keeping meetings
- Manage relationships with external Agency partners in driving projects
- Lead and/or input into Brand Development (BD) projects to develop and land strong renovation and innovation initiatives to deliver (profitable) growth and align with other cluster to create BD synergies
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understanding consumers & shoppers to discover insights and turn them into ideas and growth opportunities
- Developing detailed brand activity plans
- Commercial acumen & financial savviness: ability to analyse the P&L and market performance data to uncover insights and opportunities to optimise plans and max the mix
- Ability to understand and synthesize both historic and forecast financial business performance
- Predicting market change & competitor scenarios
- Understanding retail channels & Customers. Working with Customer Development to achieve listings, availability and visibility targets
- Developing and executing pricing and trade promotion strategy
- Developing competitive category strategy and brand positioning
- Developing superior & sustainable products and packaging
- Creating briefs and briefing creative. Producing communication assets
- Capable of building and understanding business cases
- Project Management and ability to work effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.