Senior R&D Plant based Water structuring/Hydro colloids Expert
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
At Upfield our purpose is clear: making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
About the role
As the water structuring Expert. You create the technology expertise agenda for Food hydrocolloids, binders, thickeners etc. across the product technology areas (eg. creams, cheese, spreads). You deliver the new technology (with internal and external expertise) to create the best tasting, natural/clean label, performing plant based food products in the world.
You are recognized by the external world as an expert in this field and therefore able to develop the eco-system for best in class technology for our product portfolio.
You are responsible for:
- Creating the technology agenda and roadmap
- Deliver the technologies for the innovation/renovation and saving projects to deliver best in class products
- Build the external eco-system
For this role, it is key to bring and evolve the expertise in water structuring. While also being a strong communicator, to connect the innovations to technologies and shape the external world.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum Master Degree, in Chemistry or Food technology, or equivalent education. Relevant for water structuring. With minimum 7-10 years of experience.
- Proven track record in building expertise/technology in water structuring/hydro colloids
- Proven international network in relevant industry and/or academia
- Knowledge in plant based food (cheese, creams, spreads) is a pre
- A team player with a can-do mentality.
- Self starter, but can also work in a global framework
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment.
- Strong communicator
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Willing to travel on a regular basis.
We are looking for an energetic person with a passion to develop technology and food that consumers will love and who will bring new ideas to the business.
Interested in this role?
Then hit the apply button now! After the closing date the 15th of January our Recruiter will review your cv and if we see a fit we will set up a telephone interview first. Once we both agree to a fit we move to the first face to face interview.