Compliance Manager - Asia
Compliance Manager - Asia
Location : Kuala Lumpur
Contract type : Permanent
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
We offer you a unique opportunity to build and improve a highly effective global Compliance Management System within your region. You are part of a well-qualified, committed and spirited team, featuring strong motivation for our compliance management tasks. And, yes, we offer a competitive salary.
This newly created roles offer a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, energetic and bright young compliance managers to succeed in a truly international role. At Upfield we want you to bring in your ideas, motivation and your desire to succeed.
- Manage the regional CMS as part of the global Upfield compliance system; you are fully responsible for its implementation, adaptation, continuous improvement and effectiveness, reporting to the Global Chief Compliance Officer;
- Support the Global Chief Compliance Officer and the central compliance organization in global tasks;
- Participate in global projects for the continuous improvement of Upfield Group’s standardized global CMS;
- Translate the global CMS to the countries of your region, ensuring clear, effective standards, rules and processes consistent with our global Code of Business Policies, standards and processes;
- Build and manage the regional network of national and local part-time compliance compliance representatives;
- Keep close contact with all national and local entities at your region including intense physical presence; this role therefore includes frequent travelling within your region
- Implement, improve and operate the global compliance risk reporting system at your region; conduct continuous Compliance risk assessments, CMS status monitoring and gap analyses, including professional documentation;
- Improve risk awareness and sensitization of managers and employees at your region; raise awareness of risk ownership and on advantages of professional risk management;
- Ensure multi-facetted integration of the CMS into entities and operations at your region, assure implementation, coordination, facilitation and monitoring of key Compliance management activities;
- Provide ongoing (pro-)active advice and support to the regional and national business units in all compliance matters; achieve active collaboration with risk owners and stakeholders;
- Manage potential and actual issues at your region effectively, efficiently and legally reliable; oversee, facilitate and report on subsequent Compliance remediation activities as applicable;
- Ensure ongoing, effective communication and training of managers, employees, business partners and of other third parties; identify training needs and ensure all risk-owners are trained effectively, according to our corporate standards; conduct trainings of key risk owners;
- Preferably, an advanced degree in law or business management;
- 5-7 years experience in an equivalent compliance role at an international company with production- and sales activities – ideally from the food sector;
- Proven expertise in pragmatic and effective management of typical key compliance risks of international companies;
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and at the same time as integral part of virtual teams;
- Impacting communicator fostering intrinsic compliance motivation of employees and managers, good facilitator and negotiator;
- Very good language proficiency in Business English and in at least one other major language at your region;
- Strong sense for advantages and for pragmatic implementation of an effective, yet lean CMS;
- Outstanding organizational and project management capabilities;
- Comfortable working with people of different cultures and backgrounds as well as with related frequent travelling.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters, apply now!