Head of Finance, Canada
Head of Finance, Canada
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Becel, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Finance leader with end-to-end ownership for Finance function in Canada.
Responsible for business delivery (market share, Turnover, Profit, Cash), embedding a robust controls environment and developing Finance talent.
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Market Share, Net Sales & Operating Profit, Cash & Working Capital).
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions.
- Drive robust cost control and embed Return of Investment approach.
- Interface with local Sourcing Unit Controller to understand cost trends and Capital investment requirements.
- Active cash management to manage business Working Capital and Free Cash Flow delivery.
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes.
Business Controls & Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team.
Core Business Processes
- Manage Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management.
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Local Tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with any local advisers.
- Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors.
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations.
- Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers. Drive adherence to contracts to realize business value.
- Manage local statutory insurance program.
- Professional Accounting qualification and solid reporting and control skill-set.
- Commercial business partnering experience with proven ability to deliver results.
- Experience of direct line management.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, strategic influencing and communication skills.
- Delivery-focused with a high degree of ownership.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Drive, energy and passion for developing business and financial processes and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8+ years relevant experience.
- Prior managerial experience required.
- SAP experience preferred (or any large ERP systems).
- CPG experience preferred.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!