General Manager and Managing Director – India
General Manager and Managing Director – India
Reports into MD for South East and Far East Asia Region
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Type of individual we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic, senior and outstanding all-round Customer Development professional and true and inspiring Business Leader to join our new standalone company, independent from Unilever. The role will report into the Managing Director – South East and Far East Asia Region. The General Manager and Managing Director - India will lead the Indian Leadership Team and be fully P&L responsible for India. The individual will be based out of Mumbai, India with travel frequently to other cities. The incumbent together with his Leadership Team, will drive sustainable and profitable value- and volume growth (yes, we want it all!).
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mind-set looking to break out from the status-quo. He/she is fully responsible for the customer development function, target setting, performance management and development of a vast expanding network of (key) distributors across the continent. Together with functional business partners (Marketing, Finance, HR, SC) you will form the Leadership Team (LT) that you will Chair.
This is clearly a hands-on job! We do not have ivory towers, global category or customer development teams, complex and lengthy decision-making processes, nor do we want people who would want to create any of that. And we are very serious about that! We almost created a process. Almost.
We do need; winners, those who can move mountains, are not afraid to fail, learn and get back up again, who deliver extraordinary results and are having a whole lot of fun whilst doing that! Those who like to work hard and play hard!
Key skills / competencies / attributes of the candidate:
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-functional team.
- You are a natural leader, one that does not resort to power based authority.
- You have a very strong understanding of the Indian market, with all its opportunities but also with all its challenges. And you know there are a lot of those!
- Proven track-record of managing a total P&L with complete rigor and discipline.
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Strong stakeholder management skills (which comes with the territory of being a sound and solid senior customer developer). It’s in your DNA.
- The first thing you think about when you wake up, are your customers. You could even say, you are a little bit obsessed about your customers and what makes them tick.
- You feel as comfortable in an office as you do in a pile of mud. From the inner city, to the rural countryside, from modern trade to general trade, from nearby places to far away remote locations, it all equally excites you.
- You like people and people like you (most of the times).
- You can develop a strong and professional team around you that is cut from the same wood.
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on ever improving customer relationships. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning! Your passion!
- You are part of a TEAM and you lead a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that.