Procurement Logistic Specialist
Support Global Procurement team in leveraging global supplier network in the space of Logistics in Warehouse & Transport to support UpField growth agenda.
We are building a new procurement team, and one of the roles is focused on procurement logistics. We have a lot of challenges ahead, which means that you will be defining some new areas within logistics. This has to do with redefining the core of our procurement organization and leading the way to a plant based future. Are you up for the challenge? Than join us now!
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
- In your role as the Procurement Manager Logistics you have the accountability to develop and implement the Logistics Procurement sourcing strategy.
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to deliver total cost of ownership savings in your categories and driving the implementation of the plans to capture those opportunities is essential.
- By establishing & plotting the strategic sourcing strategy for the EU logistics network, while building effective relationships with stakeholders across functions and country business units, you will quickly deliver best in class results.
- You will be responsible for measuring and benchmarking tariffs regionally to ensure that Upfield has the most competitive cost base for Logistics Services.
- You will proactively manage supplier relationships to deliver cost & cash results regarding quality and service levels.
- Next to that you will drive continuous improvement programs with suppliers to continually search for cost saving opportunities, new technologies, new products and new suppliers that contribute to the overall strategy of the business.
Skills and Experience Required
- To be successful in this role, you will have strictly minimum 3-5 years of logistics procurement and strategic sourcing experience.
- Previous Logistics Service Provider, Customer Solutions / Supply Chain engineering experience and Warehouse & Distribution footprint experience.
- You have excellent knowledge of the European Logistics setting,
- A track record of delivering consistent year-over-year savings, ideally combined with experience in consumer goods environments.
- You have an MBA or a Master’s degree.
- You have strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter, results oriented and able to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication in English
- Enjoy working in a virtual and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
- Procurement Manager Logistics reports to Global Procurement Indirect Director
- Internal work-relation: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Logistics team, Finance business partners
- External: Suppliers: Commercial management and management (CEO’s) of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organization, industry bodies and 3PM, NGO’s, advisors and benchmarking organizations and others
- Travel for Supplier meetings, Industry meetings, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements approximately 20% of the time.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Are you ready to join us? Then hit the apply button now! Part of the process will be a 30 minute telephone interview. You have until 25th October to apply. First interviews will be held coming week!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal