Factory Finance Manager (Urgent Requirement)
Current Manufacturing/Factory Exp. a MUST
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Country Crock, and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
This position will be based in New Century, Kansas – Upfield’s largest factory with a production cost budget of over €50m. The position will also have financial responsibility for the Toronto, Ontario site with a production cost budget of over €10m. The role will partner with the Supply Leaders and management teams of both sites as well as the Head of SC, North America. This role is instrumental in the delivery of Manufacturing/Operation savings, and as such, is a key element in the Upfield SC strategy. This role reports to the Head of SC Finance, Americas and will have 3 direct reports along with many indirect cross-functional and shared-service reports.
- Controller of all local accounting processes, ensuring compliance with corporate policies: monthly journal entries, spend analysis, fixed assets, payroll, accounts payable, cashflow management, audit reviews, and risk management.
- Deliver excellent performance management of factory costs, utilizing detailed analysis and strategic cost studies
- Own the Value Creation savings agenda through tight management of projects and ‘out of the box’ thinking
- Deliver sound financial analysis for network Capex projects and ensure business cases justify investment – improve Return on Assets
- Build close relationships with cross-functional and shared-service teams in the areas of production controlling, payroll, accounts payable, and period-end closing.
- 6+ years in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Prior managerial experience, strong leadership skills required.
- Factory/manufacturing experience a plus.
- Excellent leadership and organization skills to deliver results in agile / virtual working arrangements.
- Passion for cross-functional involvement – driving results/accountability from Operations team while fostering a collaborative working relationship.
- System expertise with SAP or another business ERP (Oracle, JDE).
- Strong analytical & management accounting skills, building credibility and influencing senior stakeholders.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!