Go to Market Quality Assurance Specialist
Go to Market Quality Assurance Specialist
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
- Establish systems and procedures on key Quality topics for Sourcing, Design, Manufacturing and Distribution steps of the value chain
- Implement Quality and Food Safety requirements in line with our mission and statutory requirements
- Ensure excellence in execution within Sourcing, Design, Manufacturing and Distribution steps of the value chain
- Define Quality Management Systems & Audits to enforce Risk Management and mitigation
- Ensure that results of audits have been fully reviewed to recommend, execute, track and report all recommended corrective actions
- Support business processes to effectively manage Quality and Food Safety Risks
- Constantly train people and communicate the importance of Quality and Food Safety to deliver our mission at all levels and all functions across the business
Ensure the constant high quality and safety of Upfield products in the UK, Ireland and Nordics markets with focus on receipt and storage in warehouses, delivery to customers and in-store processes for final distribution to consumers.
This role supports the Country Business Units (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain etc) to implement and maintain quality standards and processes that ensure legal compliance, food safety and high quality across the distribution channels. It provides consumer service support, product assessment in the store and incident management to the tasks.
- Implement and maintain Upfield quality standards and procedures in warehouses and distribution channels.
- Provide functional involvement to senior management teams in the Country Business Unit on all quality related topics.
- Build and implement quality standards and procedures for new innovations, promotions and product changes to enable successful launch
- Prepare leadership reports and communications regarding quality issues in logistics, country and manufacturing operations that impact business performance and ensures improvement plans are in place and monitored through regular review
- Monitors, aggregates and analyzes marketplace and overall product quality data from multiple channels (e.g. consumer & customer care lines, shelf inspections, warehouse & re-packer data, employee observations etc) to prioritize, escalate and initiate quality improvement activities as appropriate
- Identify and drive Quality Improvement in complaints related to issues with marketing, sales and supply chain
- Provides careline interface with Sourcing Units, Supply Chain and central functions for customer and consumer alerts
- Initiates activities aimed at managing quality issues with customers and channels including rejections, complaints, technical support, product handling and customer waste reduction
- Provides Quality requirements for physical product returns from customers and provides disposition approval (where needed)
- Conducts regular marketplace on-shelf product assessments, analyses data, identifies and drives improvement projects
- Provides support and input to warehouses, manufacturing sites, assemblers / re-packers and central teams during external regulatory body audits & inspections (with input from Regulatory Affairs and Legal)
- Participates in Quality activities (e.g. Operational Quality Reviews, HACCP workshops, Training events, etc.) to contribute expert knowledge on marketplace
- Supports Central Quality Incident management for marketplace incidents and follow up actions
- Provides Quality functional input on disposition decisions for non-conforming products
- Develops Quality links to strategies of BU SC organization
- Supports preparation and disseminationof standards and training materials (lead by Central Quality)
- Market Unit General Managers/Directors
- Senior Sales Team Managers
- Supply Chain Leads
- Head of Quality Europe and central quality team
- Global Head of Quality
- Sourcing Unit Quality Managers (and teams)
- Sourcing Units Site Directors
- Product Development Project Leaders
- P&I Leaders
- Regulatory and Legal teams
- Customer Service and Logistics teams
Competencies for the role
- Collaboration is a key area to manage and develop with relevant functions of the company and external partnerships: Sourcing Units, Product Development, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Marketing & Sales, Quality teams and external partners
- The position requires extensive product and manufacturing process knowledge within Upfield. In addition, the job holder needs to understand the business needs, innovation process and involved functions to effectively network and drive collaboration to achieve on-time innovations to the specified standards and quality.
- Communication skills and Capacity to influence and convince.
- Strong technical background to set the required standards and competencies across the Supply Chain network
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems and processes (Procedures, HACCP, external certifications, block and release etc)
- Managerial skills and leadership to drive excellence