At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
This exciting opportunity focuses on building partnerships with customers and driving growth through existing Ecommerce customers such Amazon and B&M.com retail accounts, as well as supporting new customers through Ecommerce platform synergies and building strategic and tactical Ecommerce capabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Digital for Upfield North America, this position will have responsibility for growing click and collect revenue across AMZ, B&M.com, and direct to consumer, working closely with Shopper Marketing, Brand Marketing, Sales, Global Digital and 3rd party companies to profitably grow click and collect sales across the Upfield portfolio of brands in North America. Operating as the Ecommerce expert the Ecommerce Manager will effectively prioritize key projects and programs needed accelerate growth.
This position will serve as the primary leader managing retailer website content, execution, search engine optimization, and ratings and reviews. Working closely with Sales, this leader will articulate KPI development and management and define, communicate and jointly execute annual business plans that drive profitable click and collect volume.
- Collaborate and coordinate work to be done to support Ecommerce growth across functions, developing relationships and information sharing work streams with Ecommerce Sales Teams, Shopper Marketing, Content Marketing, Brand Marketing, Supply Chain, Legal, Claims, and 3rd Party companies.
- Monitor and provide recommendations for optimizing Ecommerce Fundamental KPIs (Share of Search, Availability, Content, Ratings & Reviews etc.), collaborate on forecasts, and work across multiple enterprise platforms to drive seamless execution and deliver results.
- Partner across functions to strengthen digital and Ecommerce knowledge as well as implementation of best practices across the portfolio, driving continuous improvement.
- Regularly analyze performance, optimize plans, create alignment and identify new opportunities to achieve click and collect sales growth and brand objectives.
- Responsible for managing consistent product presence and content syndication process to ensure quality of the digital shelf across all retailer sites and AZ.
- Optimize product content and ratings and reviews across all digital platforms and sites, serving as the source of truth when it comes to Ecommerce Content assortment management, optimization and item maintenance.
- Implement SEO support to optimize website for organic search across the portfolio of brands
- Maximize search presence and rankings across all customers and AZ site.
- In partnership with Sales and Brand Management, develop and manage Amazon Marketing budgets to increase sales and maximum ROI.
- Monitor and report on competitive Ecommerce activity.
- Joint management of 3rd Party companies that support the Digital team.
- Establishing rituals, routines, and effective practices to support all Ecommerce businesses (AMZ & B&M.com)
- Minimum of 5 years in Ecommerce CPG or Retail industry and Sales is required.
- Experience interfacing with customers and top management.
- Ability to develop and deliver fact-based presentations that deliver results and influence outcomes is a must.
- Minimum of 2 years of budget planning/management is required.
CPG or Pet Industry sales experience preferred.
- Prior Brand and/or Shopper Marketing experience a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of online consumer behaviors, and ability to map and analyze customer journeys.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon.
- Knowledge and expertise of A.C. Nielsen and other syndicated data sources.
- Expertise to analyze and develop strategies/tactics.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Problem resolution is critical for success.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills will excel in hands on team environment with significant cross functional interaction.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and drive towards business effective solutions.
Strong communication/presentation skills both internally and externally.
- Travel up to 20%.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.