AR Associate Finance Manager
AR Associate Finance Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
The AR Associate Finance Manager in the US will be responsible for managing accounts receivable for customers designated as key accounts as well as managing overall Country A/R and Collections activities. They will be the first point of contact for key customers and internal stakeholders on AR related queries. They will provide instructions to the 3rd party outsourced service team to carry out transactional activities and work closely with local finance and financial shared services to manage working capital through payment performance, bad debt management and proactive and timely dispute resolution.
- Work with customers to ensure timely collection of overdue invoices
- Provide daily reporting on collections, aging and overdue information
- Analyze Customer A/R aging and provide risk assessment
- Assist in Cash reporting and forecasting
- Manage working capital through trade term compliance and provide monthly reporting and insights to trends
- Manage and mitigate bad debt and minimize bad debt provision
- Issue proactive dunning communication to key accounts
- Build relationships with customer AP contacts and access to customer portals/payment information
Credit Control Management
- Review credit applications and set appropriate credit limits in line with policy
- Complete customer credit reviews, coordinating with central shared service team, in line with policy
- Monitor trigger events for key accounts
- Review and action blocked sales orders ensuring timely resolution and cross-functional engagement
- Manage overall deductions and dispute resolution processes including liaising with all 3rd party providers
- Review and investigate logistics and pricing disputes for key accounts
- Manage customer communications through to resolution
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (sales and logistics) to keep them informed of dispute status and escalate when necessary
- Instruct 3rd party outsourced service team on dispute outcome for settlement processing
- Report on aging disputes, unsettled issues, and other KPIs
- Respond to customer queries
- Work with internal/external stakeholders including Financial Shared Services, Key Account Managers, Local Finance and 3rd Party Outsourced Service Team to proactively resolve issues and queries
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide customer insights and reporting to key account managers
Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
All the characteristics of what make a great leader and Upfielder!
- 5-10 years’ Accounts Receivable experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, with SAP knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical bias and Microsoft Excel skills.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.