Team Leader - Natural Channel & New Business Development
Team Leader – Natural Channel & New Business Development
Remote, Home Office-Based
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Team Leader – Natural Channel & New Business Development is responsible for the development and delivery of growth and profit targets for the Natural Channels supporting both existing business with Violife and launching Flora (currently a leading brand in Europe) as a global plant based leader in dairy free non-GMO spreads and creams. In addition to Natural Channel, the role will scope the development opportunities for both core Upfield brands, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, and new development brands Violife and Flora.
The role will manage headquarter, distributor, and broker relationships. For Upfield legacy brands the broker is Advantage Solutions and for Violife the broker partner will be Green Seed. In addition to sales management the role will work closely with marketing and finance as we work to develop new business opportunities in Natural, Drug, & Convenience channels. The role will be responsible for working with cross functional partners including category management, finance, marketing, planning, shopper marketing to drive getting the right products, at the right price, and with the right customer and consumer proposition to meet specific channel needs.
Candidate must possess ability to network and build great relationships, both internally and externally. In addition, having a deep understanding of the customer’s needs and providing effective communication of these needs within the internal organization is critical. Prior experience with the Natural Channel is required and experience with new business development and channel strategy is desired. Opportunity to build a team as the business expands.
Position reports into the VP of Sales, Upfield West.
The role is a home-office based role with a geographical territory consisting of the entire US.
- Achieve profit, volume, distribution and other key metrics as assigned by leadership.
- New Business Development that includes both developing and selling channel strategy.
- Development and implementation of sales plans for both new and existing business.
- Build value-enhancing relationships with key customers including Natural Chains ( ie. Whole Foods), Natural distributors, Convenience, & Drug.
- Negotiation of contractual terms to ensure maximum ROI for Upfield.
- Research and development of a target list of potential accounts within natural channel designed to drive new business.
- Management of broker network across both Natural, Drug, & Convenience channels.
- Sharing of best practice across cross functional teams, with specific focus on the activation of these practices.
- Penetration of Upfield’s brands across Natural channel with a goal of capturing Upfield’s fair share of the butter and spreads category, 16%. And growing share of plant-based cheese in the Natural channel (minus WF) from 7.6% to fair share in line with WF of 18%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in CPG and Natural Channel experience including managing brokers with track record of delivery.
- Proven track record in selling with progressive influence on ROI.
- Strong negotiation skills and an established network of contacts within Natural Channel.
- Good influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Understanding of P&L, financial projections, and financial metrics.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into a tactical plan
- Exceptional team leadership skills and Customer-focused attitude.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- 50%+ Travel, includes customer visits, team meetings, and trade shows
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!