Deduction Analyst (Urgent Requirement)
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Deduction Analyst is responsible for managing the deduction resolution process for all deductions generated during the invoice payment process. The analyst will be responsible for a portfolio for customers and their associated open receivables.
They will determine validity for authorized and unauthorized deductions, expense the authorized deductions to the appropriate General Ledger expense code, clear approved Trade related deductions to the proper promotional events and will manage the repayment process for unauthorized deductions.
- Responsible for the timely, accurate, approved entry and maintenance of trade settlements
- Obtaining appropriate documentation to support the deduction
- Using TPM to confirm authorized promotional spend
- Interacting with Sales to understand the forecasted promotional spends and to reconcile promotion related deductions that are not in TPM
- Verify promotion event details by confirming alignment and communicate discrepancies
- Identify trends in deductions, such as shortages, damages, unsaleable, and pricing
- Review and manage deduction balances, ensure receipt of proper documentation and information
- Researching credit balances
- Collecting repayment of unauthorized deductions including documentation and support
- Monitoring and reporting of repayment
- Identify appropriate solutions in order to reduce and prevent deductions
- Identifying deduction trends by Customer
- Ensuring compliance with the write off policy
- Support the team Manager in KPIs review and weekly/monthly update with the team
- Drive process change in the deduction area
- Work collaboratively with a variety of individuals within the department, company and external brokers, and customers
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Performs other general tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (preferably Business, Accounting or Finance) required.
- At least 3 years business experience preferably in Deduction Support; preferred in FMCG
- Familiar with SAP functionalities
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft(Word, Excel, Power point)
- Experience with Customer/Vendor Portals
- Able to coordinate with cross functional departments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Action orientated to deliver results under time pressure
- Comfortable handling large amounts of data
- Service oriented attitude
- Able to adapt to changes quickly
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!