Deduction Team Lead (Urgent Requirement)
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Deduction Team Lead will be oversee the Deduction Process. They will be responsible for activity performed by the Deduction Analysts. The Team is responsible for managing the deduction resolution process for all deductions generated during the invoice payment process. The analyst will be responsible for a portfolio for customers and their associated open receivables.
They will determine validity for authorized and unauthorized deductions, expense the authorized deductions to the appropriate General Ledger expense code, clear approved Trade related deductions to the proper promotional events and will manage the repayment process for unauthorized deductions.
The Deduction team will work closely with the Customer Teams having a significant impact on Key Performance Measurements including, including 30 days of aged deductions and sales related cash balance through actual spend vs. planned management.
- Supervise Deduction Analyst Team
- Responsible for the timely, accurate, approved entry and maintenance of trade deductions on key accounts.
- Validation, tracking and maintenance of records on deductions, with all documentation and filing complete to meet audit compliance.
- Pursue invalid deductions for repayment from Customers.
- Interact with the Customer Service and Sales team to resolve deductions
- Processing of deductions within 30 days of receipt.
- Prepare weekly deduction report and lead weekly deduction meetings.
- Work with our third party provider(s) daily to reinforce set KPIs and ensure they are following Upfield Policies.
- Working with the Key Account Managers to ensure events are planned properly in order to facilitate deduction clearing.
- Verify promotion event details by confirming alignment and communicate discrepancies
- Be a key figure in TPM implementation with awareness of SAP S/4 implications from systems interaction.
- Identify trends in deductions, such as shortages, damages, unsaleable, and pricing
- Review and manage deduction balances, ensure receipt of proper documentation and information
- Identify appropriate solutions in order to reduce and prevent deductions
- Follow up with AR/Customer when additional documentation is required
- Provide reporting for KPI review and weekly/monthly update with the team
- Drive process change in the deductions area
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Work collaboratively with a variety of individuals within the department, company and external brokers, and customers
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Performs other general tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (preferably Business, Accounting or Finance)
- At least 5 years business experience preferably in Deduction Support, preferred in FMCG
- At least 2 years supervisor experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Customer & Service mindset, taking ownership to resolve issues
- Proactive, self starter
- Ability to build relationship be a strong team player
- Good communication management internal and external, influence and communicate at all levels
- High analytical skills, numeracy and logical reasoning, attention to detail
- Experience with Customer/Vendor Portals
- Planning and organization skills
- Growth mentality, understand financial impact of decisions
- Results driven and willingness to take over responsibility
- Strong decision making
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft(Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Solid SAP knowledge
- Project management
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.