Vice President - Business Development
Vice President – Business Development
Hackensack, New Jersey
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The role of Vice President of Business Development is a highly collaborative and influential leadership having responsibility for the sales planning, category management, sales operation and customer service functions of the company. The role will also entail managing cross functional relationships with marketing, finance and logistics to ensure complete integration and alignment of plans. This role will report into the President of Sales.
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive go to market strategies for channel and customer
- Align customer go to market plans across company functions
- Identify and integrate new technical platforms which enable increased sales and ROI
- Ensure organizational design in line with company’s growth ambition
- Recruit and hire best in class talent in multiple functions
- Lead Upfield’s overall customer strategy for the Sales Planning, Sales Operations and Category Management Functions
- Lead interface with supply chain, logistics and marketing including S+OP process
- Role has overall responsibility for all customer investments and budgets.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years industry experience and have had roles in both customer facing and internal planning functions. She/He will need to love the challenge of working on a team in a startup environment. She/He will have a minimum college degree.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact and you will be a proven people leader having previous experience leading teams of 10 or more sales and marketing professionals
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!