New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Material Planner is responsible for managing the sourcing of raw and packaging materials into our manufacturing plant to support the production of finished goods, perform expediting and de-expediting of raw and packaging materials with our Vendors to support the plant production schedule and customer service while optimizing inventory levels.
Where issues exist impacting the finished goods schedules the Material Planner is responsible for all associated communication with the Master Scheduler, Procurement, and Supply Chain Planning. In addition, the Material Planner is responsible for setting up materials in SAP, placing purchase orders for materials, scheduling delivery of necessary volumes as per production forecast, and following through the production cycle to assess risks and minimize losses in materials or time.
- Evaluate material requirements based on system generated MRP and requisition materials accordingly.
- Release of purchase orders in ERP system to support the production schedule.
- Expedite and de-expedite raw and package materials to support and maintain a flexible production schedule while communicating with Business Units and support departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with suppliers, Procurement and Supply Chain Planning for order confirmation and delivery information issues affecting the schedule.
- Monitor raw and package inventory to achieve continuous improvement in inventory optimization.
- Interface with Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Suppliers, R&D, Logistics.
- Maintain Bills of Material, material master data, factory invoices and internal KPI’s.
The Material Planner will understand big picture ideas and work to incorporate company-wide goals and values into our Supply Chain. This person is a focal point of the tactical operation of the category. Numerous interfaces with people from a variety of functions requiring good judgment, strong people skills, process understanding and growth mindset.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields ideal.
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain related planning experience required.
- Proficiency using Excel, and PowerPoint and knowledge of SAP ECC preferred.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver complex information to a variety of audiences with impact.
- APICS Certification and/or Citizen Data Scientist Certification a Plus.
- Creative mindset with the ability to look at a problem with a number of different perspectives and ideas for a solution
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!