SCO Systems Development Manager
SCO Systems Development Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role
The SCO Systems Development Manager will be the link between Upfield Supply Chain/Demand, IT and 3PL IT Teams leading the systematic developments between all Supply Chain systems such as SAP and 3rd party WMS & TMS systems. The role would cover all aspects of system development from reporting, simple change requests to compete IT projects such as interfacing with new external systems and upgrades. Central to this IT Operational role is improving internal system data for MI and reporting to assist driving SC costs down through to improved customer order fulfilment and returns tracking.
The role requires extremely high levels of external and internal liaison/knowledge across 3PL and Upfield internal departments alike. The successful candidate will need a comprehensive knowledge of system infrastructure and capability, supported by a high level of operational Logistics/Supply Chain knowledge to enable the effective development of business supporting system infrastructure and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ of senior experience with an in depth background of leading operational IT and with solid working knowledge of ERP, WMS and TMS platforms.
- Identify and resolve ‘problematic’ areas within the operational system infrastructure
- Ensure all operational data movements are working and accurate
- Identify and investigate IT development requirements
- Ensure all operational systems activities are aligned and working, such as interface/iDoc movements etc
- Attend daily operational/monthly meetings as required
- Development and implementation of robust system Business Continuity Plans
- Lead investigations into failing areas such as incorrect ASN’s, Batch No’s and BBD etc
- Prioritise IT development/change request
- Manage development/fixes from initial identification through to completion/conclusion
- System process management of 3rd Party suppliers
- Recommend and implement improvements to controls and compliance
- Implement regular system process audit checks with the 3PL IT teams
- Hold monthly system review meeting with both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead large system projects such as new implementations
- Support internal stakeholders by report/MI development within product/order data management areas with the potential development of a data warehouse.
- Research and potential implementation of addition systems/platforms to support SC strategy
- Regular Audits of system infrastructure, such as data flow timings and BCP processes
- Regular review/production of weekly/monthly reports
- Leading monthly system review meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Successfully implemented projects within the agreed lead times
Day to Day Activities:
- Work with the 3PL to ensure systematic performance
- Investigate and report system/data inaccuracy
- Assist Planning/Demand teams with regular and ad-hoc requirements such data presentation
- Attend Operational Performance meetings/conference calls
- Lead in the identifying of system challenges and manage though to resolution
- Ensuring 3PL system best practise, driving compliance and managing daily communication
Skills and experience:
- At least five years’ experience in leading an IT team/function
- Extensive experience in leading IT system projects (major change and new implementation)
- In depth knowledge of operational and business systems (ERP, WMS & TMS platforms)
- Excellent working knowledge of system interfaces and infrastructure including Business Continuity Planning
- Extensive experience of report development and potential reporting/MI software (Crystal/Google Analytics etc)
- Working knowledge of Factory/Warehouse/Transport operational knowledge
- Highly organised, self-starter with ability to manage own and project team workloads to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal / non-verbal communication skills and ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Commercially aware in terms of the ROI on system development
- Ability to think critically with excellent analytical skills
- Resourceful, agile and ability to act quickly and with conviction
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.