Area Sales Manager - U Pro
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Care and Passion define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastix by 2025.
Upro contributes to 12% to Upfield total sales and Winning in HoReCa channel is crucial in sustaining top-line and in ensuring competitiveness through growing market nationally.
Our Area Sales Managers are responsible for the company’s Upro (Upfield Professional) business in the Region. Manage the distributors in the area and resources requirement by each distributor for business operation. Areas Sales Managers are directly responsible for the monthly primary sales target and secondary sales by distributor sales representative. Area Sales Managers are also responsible for identifying the growth opportunities, new business opportunities for the territory and area. They will need to contribute in strategy planning for the future and territory, distributor and outlet management.
The Area Sales Manager will be working in a dynamic sales environment; you will be responsible for driving, negotiating with operators / customers on driving sales consistently ensuring OTIF implementation of launch/ relaunch/ brand & trade activities across the area.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to lead teams, inspire & motivate towards delivering high level of results with the ability to pro-actively drive differentiated actions to win in the marketplace by winning customer and operator. Some of the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Ensure each territory in the area is properly managed to ensure the BP ROWC is in line with the plan.
- Distributor Management
- Ensure the resources requirement of each BP needs to be 100% in place all the time.
- Ensure the infrastructure requirement of BP is fulfill 100% all the time.
- Outlet / Customer / Operator Management
- Ensure all the outlets/ Customers / Operators are service
- Ensure effective itinerary planning (Cost optimization)
- Ensure OSA, NPD, Listing etc. OTIF
ANNUAL/ QUARTER KPI’s
- Area – Territory – SR secondary sales target
- Area - 100% OTIF delivery of agreed activities
- Top operator / Customer performance loyalty targets
- Maintain right team and Quarterly Review of Progress
- Secondary Sales
- Weekly Secondary dales by SR.
- Weekly Secondary sales by Territory.
- Primary sales
- Weekly Primary sales by distributor
- Weekly Primary sales by area.
- Weekly Primary sales by SKU.
- TRAINING & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Field coaching.
- Classroom training on selling / handling objections etc.
- Conduct progress review with the area team together with RM
- Ensure effective utilization of POS materials/UF properties.
SKILL / CAPABILITY NEEDS
- Comprehensive Sales training program.
- Field Coaching
- Sales reps on the Job training
- Demonstrations and hands on
- Team building /Team Management program
- Objection Handling /Customer persuasion