R&D Local Deploy Lead
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
About the role
As an R&D local Deploy Lead, you are responsible for delivering the innovations/renovations and cost savings projects for your markets (product & pack). You will work closely with the Central R&D Team, based in Europe and the regional R&D team in your region. Next to that, you will operate very independently with the cross functional market unit team(s).
You are responsible for delivering the desired projects from a technical perspective:
- Product & packaging development with 3rd parties (or Upfield factories when relevant)
- Claims validation (eg. cooking performance, health claims etc.)
- Regulatory Compliance of product/pack & artworks
- Nutrition information
- Specifications and Quality protocols
The renovation/innovation/cost saving projects, include. Defining trial set up, executing trials, sample evaluation (eg. shelflife). And validation of final product/pack in application, to allow the defined quality and claims. The final output of your activities is defining the technical specifications.
Communication and alignment with global functions, including QA is key.
Next to project delivery, you are the technical heart & mind of the market unit team. To eg. support sales sessions, technical customer information etc.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably in Food technology, or equivalent education. With minimum 3 years of experience.
- Regulatory knowledge is a pre
- Must be a team player with a can-do mentality.
- Self starter, but can also work in a global framework
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment.
- Strong communicator
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Willing to travel to factories on a regular basis.
We are looking for an energetic person with a passion to develop food that consumers will love and who will bring new ideas to the business.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.