At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
This is a responsible support position that directly interfaces with and proactively supports our Production Facility.
Other on-going activities include leading 5s activities and helping push forward the overall TPM agenda. Working on focused improvements and being an active member of a cell team responsible for the overall safety, quality, waste and efficiency of a set of lines.
- Be an experienced Electronics Technician.
- Have solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows Products.
- Have experience using test electronic test equipment.
- Be experienced and able to use hand tools, small power tools and pneumatic tools.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, P&ID’s, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Customizes systems and adjustments or repairs according to written specifications
- Maintains and writes work procedures and all related documentation for each task performed.
- Works closely with engineering & Equipment suppliers to modify systems according to custom requirements.
- Knack to detect electronic malfunctions and restore the same immediately.
- Ability to effectively use electronic repair tools and testers.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure all work is managed in such a way as to adhere to the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating the CMMS.
- Participate in all TPM training and apply this knowledge to the daily job duties and responsibilities.
- Update all related KPI information and graphs as required.
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma or Technical Diploma in industrial Electricity required.
- Certification required: Certified Electrician (309A or 442A).
- 2+ years’ experience as an Electrician.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred.
- Familiarity and ability to troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC Code; Allen Bradley AC, DC VFD, Servo.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!