Technology and Innovation Manager
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on! Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
About the department
The Technology and Innovation team lead innovations and changes to products and packaging in Upfields factories. They are the technical experts on site and work as the “spiders in the web” with other factory teams such as Engineering, Operations, Planning and Quality to manage the changes necessary to implement new products. Responsible for executing full scale factory trials on the production lines, they work closely with R&D and the business to implement the latest in plant based, clean label technologies. They also support the factory with technical solutions to help improve performance and flexibility, as well as think of the smartest way to produce a wide portfolio ranging from major European A brands to private label products.
About the role
The Technology and Innovation Manager leads the team that delivers product implementations and modifications in the factory. Responsible for new innovations, process improvements, product transfers, line extensions, recipe, and packaging changes within an agreed time plan. First point of contact in the factory for the business with respect to innovations and provides support to other factory teams such as Engineering, Quality and Operations by providing technological expertise.
What will you do?
- Ensures the timely implementation of new products & changes to products and packaging end to end within the factory
- Manages a team of T&I Officers
- Connecting the dots cross-functionally (closely working with R&D and factory colleagues)
- Responsible for trials and internal factory alignment on product and packaging
- Responsible for early product management which includes QA, product safety, planning and data co-ordination
- Responsible for assessing supply chain impact on innovation input for business cases.
- Troubleshooter with respect to product, process and packaging performance
What do need to bring to the table?
- University degree in Food Science/Engineering or other related field.
- Technical background with experience in a Food Manufacturing/FMCG company, experience in R&D/ Engineering/ Quality is an advantage
- Ability to independently lead a small team and coordinate Projects with several stakeholders
- Strong technical affinity and ability to understand and optimize processes
- Ability to multi-task in a fast moving environment
- Good negotiation and social skills
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Dutch and English
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1