European Logistics Warehouse Projects Specialist
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
About the role
Upfield’s Supply Chain organization is growing, and we are setting up several departments to make our Supply Chain operating model work. One of these departments is our logistics organization, which keeps track of 3PL, warehousing and optimization of the European transport chain. A new team, pioneering and lead by seasoned entrepreneurial professionals.
For this team we are looking for an experienced Logistics Warehouse Projects Specialist. Our new colleague is responsible for implementing & supporting logistics projects, mainly Warehouse and larger Logistics Network projects (especially new or switch between WH’s and distribution network related projects), answering for the European Logistics Warehouse Manager. Also responsible for the continuous improvement projects in the Warehouses across Europe, both for the internally managed as well for the 3PL Warehouses. Finally, also responsible for some SC Engineering Projects in the Internal WH’s. For this role is mandatory consolidated experience in Warehouse Operations, preferably in retail and FMCG, especially on-site from the 3PL perspective.
This role is part of the European Logistics leadership team, responsible for defining, developing, and deploying the company’s strategy across all functions of the business.
So what will you do?
Implement and Support Logistics Projects (¬60%):
- Manage the several warehouse changes which will happen without any impact on safety and operation;
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service (incl. coordination with procurement and continuous WH improvement);
- Building a relationship with both the warehouse and transport 3PLs, which allows efficient on-site support to ensure action plans are fully executed on time;
- Operating procedure creation: preparation of the Standard Operating Procedures;
- Operation testing, commissioning and training: Site Process Management Definition (Inbound, Quality, Safety & Security, Picking and Dispatching): to define phased implementation plan for both warehouse and transport go-live, with interim decision points to move to the next phase;
- Transition execution: Detailed Timing and create a costed, budgeted back up plan for delay or disaster recovery;
- Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs;
- Support the evaluation of relevant KPI’s to measure 3PL activities, especially in WH operation;
Continuous Improvement activities (¬20%):
- To provide support on logistics improvement & issue resolution when relevant (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, People Development, TSA);
- To support on defining the ways of working standardization in the Warehouses and in Transport;
- To build and execute Continuous Improvement Action Plans with the Warehouses and in Transport;
- To follow-up the actions on-going in the local markets;
Supply Chain Engineering Projects (¬10%):
- To support automation or engineering related projects in our Internal WH’s;
- To follow-up the actions on-going in the improvements in our Internal WH’s;
System and other activities (¬10%):
- Support in IT escalation or European modifications in Logistics IT;
- Ensure support in interfaces between in-house facilities and between those and 3PL’s;
- Preparation, when requested, for Stocktake (in line with Upfield Stock Count Guidelines) & execution;
- Master Data cleaning activities;
What do you bring to the table?
- Master degree Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Fluent in English, with strong verbal and writing skills
- Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG or other relevant industry (Retailer or 3PL environment)
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1