Senior Country Finance Controller - Turkey
Senior Country Finance Controller - Turkey
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Senior Country Finance Controller for the Market Unit with end-to-end ownership for Finance function.
Partnering General Manager and CFO, responsible for business delivery (Net Sales, Profit, Cash) as well as embedding a robust controls environment.
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Market Share, Net sales & EBIT, Cash & Working Capital)
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions.
- Drive tight trade investment control & efficiency assessment for better return.
- Active cash management to secure business liquidity
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes
Business Controls & Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
- Managing and reporting all P&L lines
- Ensure correct bookings of costs in P&L as per SCOA and local Gaap
- Cash flow forecast
Working Capital improvement:
- P2P OC Governance, continuous Improvement on P2P Processes + controls
- Management of customer payment performance and trade term compliance
- Manage, mitigate and minimize bad debt risks
- Work with the shared service teams to ensure effective and aligned communication and deliverables are met
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Local Tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with local advisers
- Statutory statements preparation, in conjunction with local advisers
- Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
- Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers.
- Manage insurance programs
- A very strong academic record
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with minimum 5 years in a senior role in finance
- Professional Accounting qualification, solid reporting and control skill-set
- Commercial business partnering experience within FMCG with proven ability to deliver results
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of financial metrics
- Very strong track record of delivery in previous Finance roles
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical bias and Microsoft Excel skills
For this role, you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated decisions are core characteristics for RtR.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!