Modern Trade Sales Lead Turkey
Modern Trade Sales Lead Turkey
Based in Istanbul
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
Do you have a hunger for building the best brands in Turkey, caring for people, and for the planet? Do you want to make a difference in the plant-based food industry? Are you eager to build strong customer relationships, landing strategic partnerships through excellent in store execution?
We’re looking for a top talent to lead our retail sales and customer development activities on the Turkey market.
About the Role!
Modern Trade CD Lead Turkey is responsible for leading Modern Trade Channels’ sales and customer development activities on the Turkey retail market.
He or she will report into the Sales Director, Upfield Turkey, and lead the key account, discounter and local modern trade customers with direct reports.
He or she is accountable for generating net sales growth in a profitable way, across all direct customers.
- Lead a MT team and make people accountable and developing talent & skills.
- Build strong customer relationships and establish Upfield brand credibility.
- Develop commercial vision and retail customers’ strategic business plan, building strategic partnerships / joint business plans with key customers.
- Full responsibility and accountability for cash collection performance
- Build strong yearly customer plans towards communicated vision, allocating team and financial resources, leveraging category management and integrated support plans.
- Close the deal with retail customers by negotiating the right trade terms, trade support and counterparts, in line with defined roadmap.
- Ensure high quality retail customer input in the sales forecasting/ S&Op process
- Deliver the plan, closely monitor performance and proactively recommend corrective measures by tracking progress on defined KPIs.
- “Own” retail customers P&L towards profitable growth: track performance vs plan, leverage net revenue management, maximize ROI of allocated investments.
- Deliver defined customer plans with excellence, optimizing allocation of resources, focusing field salesforce on must win priorities
- Minimum relevant professional experience of 10 year is required, with experience in the FMCG industry
- Strong leadership capabilities: bias for action, self-starter/ entrepreneurial, accountability and responsibility (performance driven leadership, high
- delivery standards, courage), people management
- Ability to work in cross functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance) in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong customer and shopper focus / ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong analtytical skills, Negotiation skills and influencing ability
- A person with high energy levels, that easily connects, and wants to make a difference for business and teams
- Insurgent mindset to develop business with customers and to solve problems
- Proven track record of experience with tangible evidences
- Good command of MS Office Applications
- Commercial Acumen
- Strong Communication
- Building talent and team
- Customer and consumer obsession
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!