Brand Manager - Violife
Title: Junior Brand Manager - Violife
Location: Athens, Greece
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
As part of this growth, Upfield recently acquired Arivia (head-quartered in Greece). Arivia makes some of the best vegan cheese in the world, and the leading brand is Violife. We are looking for a Junior Brand Manager dedicated to Violife vegan cheese !
Our Ideal Candidate
This is a new role, so an exciting opportunity to have a big impact! You will have a strong FMCG brand management background; ideally a Junior brand manager with an eye on moving to Brand Manager level within the next 12 to 18 months. You will be passionate about consumers, naturally motivated and inquisitive: driven by insight and consumer behavior. You will be brave enough to challenge the status quo and influence colleagues and have a track record of delivering results for your brands to date. You will execute robust and inspiring strategies to catalyze the awareness and affinity of our brand.
- With the will to Create integrated 360° campaigns (traditional/digital media, promotion, in-store), relevant with brands targets
- Works closely with strategic countries (regional commercial teams), and offers training and guidance to address regional needs, adapts the category marketing plan and monitors proper implementation of the category/brand strategy
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates data and insights to determine industry, consumer and market trends, category and brand performance, consumer behavior and competitive activity, to identify new opportunities or product required changes
- Understands how other departments operate (sales, shoppers, distribution, NPD, supply chain, finance, production) and co-ordinates the entire product development process, cross-functions with various company teams (research and development, purchasing, planning, production) and secures the on-time implementation of launches and initiatives’ financial feasibility in terms of turnover/profit
- Monitors category/brands profit and loss analysis and provides insights for the category development
- Liaises with external agencies and internal stakeholders to design communication campaigns and materials for the category/brands that are consistent, effective and appropriate for the target audience
- Prepares annual category/brands’ investment budget
- Someone who appreciates Vegan food and has a genuine interest for this growing trend.
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: consumer empathy, creativity, analytical thinking, rigour, sharp and inspiring communication skills, strong hands on approach, excellent communicator, complex project management skills, business planning
- Brand awareness - a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
- Determination and perseverance
- Relationship management skills
- Team player and likeable personality
- A strong focus on results
- A high degree of business acumen
- Fun and happy person
- Evidence of broad-based life outside of work eg music, arts, sports, cookery, etc
Professional skills & experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant marketing experience (ideally FMCG - Foods)
- Relevant major and a post-graduate qualification or MBA
- A business thinker, who has deep understanding of 3 C’s (Consumer, Customer, Competition), trends, practices, information and insights impacting the business, enabling sound decisions to be made. Can focus the team and organization on the right issues to deliver targeted business results.
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated marketing and communication campaigns
- Deep knowledge of relevant ATL & BTL support tools – social/digital media
- P&L Savvy
- Experience in new products - research and development - will be considered an asset
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken; other languages would be regarded as add on
- Strong analytical skills – specifically in the measuring, reporting and effective communication of campaign of ROI.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career. At Upfield and specifically working on Violife we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
You will report to the Global Marketing Manager with daily close working relationships with the Violife team in Greece.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Dedicated onboarding program, and all support needed in initial period
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in team of ‘best in business’ Professionals
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. At Upfield we could not be more excited about the addition of Violife Vegan Cheese to our portfolio.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!