Operations Coordinator (2nd Shift 3-11PM)
New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter!, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for all activities involving the hourly workforce to include daily scheduling, vacation scheduling and monitoring, attendance monitoring, and uniforms management. This role will have all responsibility for administrative tasks that directly affect the hourly employees and must be done accurately and timely to prevent Labor Relations issues.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of all employees in Operations in accordance to the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This includes scheduling for shifts as well as planned overtime, and daily overtime. In completing the People Schedule, the Operations Coordinator will also be aware of employees on known absences (jury duty, bereavement, Leave of Absence, etc) which will aid in the attendance tracking.
- Responsible for tracking attendance of employees utilizing resources from Supervisors, Payroll, and HR. This includes drafting Warning letters and sending them to Supervisors for timely administration per the CBA.
- Responsible for managing the annual Operations Weekly Vacation Calendar. This includes updating the vacation calendar throughout the year as changes are made while ensuring company guidelines are met. Responsible to ensure employees receive all their vacation days and not exceeding their entitlement.
- Ensures that all new employees get uniforms as well as addressing employee’s uniform issues and working with the Vendor to resolve.
- Responsible for assisting Supervisors with the calling in of employees for overtime and documenting such.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- Production floor/manufacturing experience a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Organizational skills to manage all responsibilities in an ever-changing production environment, ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders, internal and external partners.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!