Upfield Global Engineer Project Delivery
Position : Upfield Global Engineer Project Delivery (UGEPD)
Location : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Care and Passion define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. Our mission at Upfield is to continue to be the largest plant based consumer packed goods and to remove all plastix by 2025.
From the outside we might look like a traditional business, but inside our marketing is on a rocket ship to insurgency and that’s why we need YOU!
As a member from the Global Engineering team to support the E2E delivery of multiple capital projects across various Upfield sourcing sites in a sustainable, standardised cost-conscious manner to drive value for the business.
As a member of a project team, the role will be responsible to collaborate with other functions from an engineering perspective on the Concept Development, Feasibility Check, Front End Engineering Design and Detail Engineering Designs, Installation and Commissioning of the plant. UGEPD will be responsible to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with a strong focus on construction safety, quality, and Engineering standards.
- Work independently to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the Global Engineering Director.
- Ensure professional project execution at Factories and Sites with strong stakeholder engagement
- Support project teams in assessing the feasibility and technical viability of capex projects working with cross functional teams and contractors where applicable to define the brief, understand work scope, costs requirements, alternatives and defining viable timelines.
- To Develop Concept, building business cases FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need, bearing in mind local requirements and constraints and the need to standardise equipment across the Upfield network.
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule as input to the FEED report.
- Execute the project ensuring strict adherence to schedule and budget.
- Manage on-site construction and installations by contractors whilst ensuring compliance with Upfield Construction and Quality Standards.
- To ensure technical commissioning and compliance with FAT and SAT performance criteria’s
- Technical training and hand over to the factory technicians
Outputs / performance Metrics
- Safety in Project Execution
- Strict Budget & Schedule adherence in delivery of projects
- Engineering Excellence and Quality standards
- Sustainability & savings impact
- Customer / Stakeholder Feedback
Key Standards of Leadership required:
- Bias for Action
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams across the regions.
- Professional Engineering Skills (Educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline, Mechanical / Process / Chemical)
- Engineering Design Process Management (Working Knowledge)
- Project Delivery (All sub skills - Fully Operational)
- Maintenance Principles and Best practice (Working Knowledge)
- Contract Management & Conflict Resolution (Fully Operational)
- Budget Management (Fully Operational)
- 5-6 Years’ experience of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry
- Project Management experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver projects to a high engineering standard.
- Good Plant Design and Project Engineering experience in FMCG co and relevant Engineering firms
- Working knowledge on International Engineering Standards
Technical capability (Desirable):
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel / Power Point and Word
- Participation in safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Participation in 3D model reviews.
- Working knowledge on Engineering software – AutoCAD or equivalent and Agile Knowledge on unit operations like, distillation, filtration, heat transfer etc. Design of heat exchangers, pumps specifications, hydraulics calculations.
- Knowledge on utilities system such as cooling water system, Boilers, Compressed Air and Instrument Air system, Nitrogen system etc.
- Knowledge on tankages, heat exchanger thermal design using HTRI, HTFS etc.
- Revamp project experience
- Pre-commissioning / commissioning, start-up experience
Travel is a requiremnt of the role, typically 1 – 3 weeks away from home per month