Logistics Warehouse Manager Europe (m/w/d)
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
About the role
Upfield’s Supply Chain organization is growing, and we are setting up several departments to make our Supply Chain operating model work. One of these departments is our logistics organization, which keeps track of 3PL, warehousing and optimization of the European transport chain. A new team, pioneering and lead by seasoned entrepreneurial professionals.
For this team we are looking for an experienced Logistics Warehouse Manager (m/w/d), responsible for all Upfield Internal Warehouses Operation across its geography (Europe, currently in DE and SW), ensuring that support to Sourcing Unit, Service to Customers and Outbound Volume to other Distribution Centre are ensured with high Service Level at the most efficient cost possible. On this position, the Warehouse Manager will closely monitor and be responsible for the operation in Upfield Internal Warehouses, having two Warehouse Managers answering to him. Additionally responsible for the Automation Projects in Upfield DC’s (sometimes extended to Factory expedition areas), as well to support other logistics projects in Germany to increase storage or distribution efficiency (service and cost) to our retail and food solution customers (FMCG).
This role is part of the European Logistics leadership team, responsible for defining, developing, and deploying the company’s strategy across all functions of the business.
So what will you do?
- Responsible for the strategic regarding capacity management, priorities, and resource allocation of the Internal WH’s;
- Support the WH Manager in his day to day tasks, including guaranteeing a smooth operation with factory as well as timely preparation and loading of both export or customer deliveries;
- Replace the WH manager in his absence, holidays and sometimes in shifts that the WH manager is not present;
- Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Upfield teams if necessary.
- Support the re-distribution of persons between the new shift pattern, guaranteeing an efficient resource distribution;
- Support factories and primary transport for any transport / warehouse issues, special shipments, # shipments > contract;
- Supporting Customer Service for any transport or stock issues, special shipment, late notice requests related to customers;
- Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions ie R&D, Suppliers…etc);
- Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with Demand Planning, CS);
- Monitoring the aging of the stocks in the warehouse and help the business to sell out stocks before expires;
System, Automation, and improvement activities (¬30%):
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service (incl. coordination with procurement)
- Support the EWM (WMS – Warehouse Management System) improvement;
- Support the improvement projects that are already planned (like task interleaving, AGV, new conveyor belt) as well as any other project related to the WH that we plan to execute in the future;
- Promote new efficient processes in the Warehouse, connected with the EWM or not;
- Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs
- Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor Warehouse cost development;
- Operate the Returns/Refusals process, incl. customer claims;
- Preparation for Stocktake (in line with Upfield Stock Count Guidelines) & execution
- Coordinate stock write-offs with 3PL and finance team (suspense account and stocktake results)Maintaining Logistics master-data
What do you bring to the table?
- University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Fluent in English and German, with strong verbal and writing skills
- Minimum of 6 years Logistics experience in FMCG or other relevant industry (Retailer or 3PL environment) with the main focus on Warehousing
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1