M&A Senior Manager
M&A Senior Manager
London, UK or Amsterdam, NL
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Inorganic growth is an integral part of Upfield’s growth agenda. The role will require an individual that has a strong sense of purpose, intellectual curiosity, and an ability to manage a diverse slate of stakeholders. Reporting into the Head of M&A and in a lean team, the M&A manager role contributes to the achievement of the company’s growth and profitability targets through the delivery of value creating transactions in line with Upfield’s strategy.
In its short 2 years of existence since the spin off from Unilever, Upfield has had an active acquisitions strategy. Upfield is seeking to appoint an energetic and enterprising individual to help and support the execution of M&A transactions across the group through taking an active role in interacting with senior management and leading day-to-day executions. This is a newly created role to support the team and the management team in developing and executing the company’s future M&A growth strategy.
The role will require working closely with legal and financial advisors to ensure the best advice is communicated within the business, you will be expected to help identify and execute deals that will take Upfields’ portfolio of brands into new product adjacencies and/or new geographies. Given Upfield’s desire to acquire both established and early-stage businesses the scope and scale of deals will be broad-ranging. Furthermore, the team has a truly global mandate with potential target-businesses likely to be within developed and emerging markets.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Help source and deliver transactions
- Take part in negotiations and lead on day-to-day aspects
- Manage day-to-day deal execution
- Help in all aspects of transaction appraisal and executions including, due diligence, valuation and structuring
- Identify and resolve transaction issues
You have an excellent track record within the consumer sector or as an M&A professional and a good balance of strategic thinking and a deeply analytical, detailed operating style. In addition, you have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years in Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity or TS
- Possess demonstrable domain knowledge in the consumer space, ideally within food or beverage is a plus
- Significant end-to-end transaction experience and excellent M&A process management skills.
- A strong track record of identifying, evaluating and progressing deals to a successful completion, in a lead function for a least a number of workstreams
- Exceptional analytical abilities and excellent numerical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including the Executive Committee, other divisional and functional leaders within Upfield, target companies’ management and external advisors
- Highly structured approach and exceptional organisational skills needed to manage multiple workstreams and a very diverse stakeholder universe, whilst operating under time pressure
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. Cultural and personality fit will be crucial. You must have a strong desire to deliver and the ambition to succeed in the role, a commercial and naturally curious mind set, low ego, plenty of drive, passion for integrity, meticulous execution and excellent communication skills. In addition to being a high-performing, dynamic individual and a genuine team player able to operate in a lean, non-political environment
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!