Indirects Procurement Manager
Indirects Procurement Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
As part of the Americas Procurement Team, the primary purpose of this position is to manage our Indirect Spend to support and deliver on North America targets by aligning Procurement resources, leveraging the supplier network for services within the geographical area and by connecting with other functions (Marketing, HR, Manufacturing Plants, Logistics). In addition, this position will also lead Capex / MRO for the Americas (North and Latin America).
The indirect portfolio spend will be approximately 170M€ across all categories: Logistics, Capex/MRO, Facilities and Manufacturing Services, Marketing, IT, Professional Services and HR.
This position will also have a portion of the scope (Capex/MRO) extended into Latin America region. This mandate will be accomplished through new suppliers scouting, leveraging current supplier base, implementing sourcing strategies, supplier and contract management, project management, supplier evaluation, and budget & value creation (cost savings) management.
- Sourcing strategies development through market studies to identify best practices, identify gaps, risks and opportunities as well as to identify new suppliers and develop a supplier base.
- Actively maintain strong understanding of category dynamics (current market, pricing, cost drivers, industry and supplier variables) through trade groups, publications, etc. and communicates changes to business stakeholders.
- Support growth through identification and implementation of adapted partnership with retained suppliers.
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management to improve suppliers performance, establish best quality, collaboration, and cost.
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs (request for quotation/proposal) to select suppliers in targeted categories.
- Analyze proposals and make recommendations to key internal stake holders.
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders teams by providing key insight on current services and capabilities to meet economic feasibility.
- Negotiate quality, time and cost of service as well as other commercial terms and conditions.
- Lead contract ratification activities, assuring interaction with supplier and Legal teams.
- Participate in projects implementation by respecting the budgets / schedules / standards quality of Upfield, using the appropriate financial tools.
- Continuously monitor, review and communicate the project status (with respect to contractual commitments of the supplier).
- Anticipate and alert key stake holders in case of non-compliance with the contractual commitments.
- Establish the budget, track variances and manage risks for respective area through work with Finance and Key Stakeholders.
- Identify Value Creation projects to create savings opportunities, validate with finance, seek and attain buy-in for these projects, build budget with other functions, realize and track savings.
The Indirect Procurement Manager has the ability to collaborate with other departments and the ability to lead direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 7-10 + years of relevant experience in Procurement, preferably in Capex/MRO, Indirect Spend.
- Experience on large-scale change management projects and in international assignments is a plus.
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication, Spanish is a plus.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!