Workplace & Travel Services Regional Lead CEE
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that enjoy what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
Upfield’s Global Workplace and Travel Services Team is responsible for the happiness and sense of belonging of Upfield associates in our work environment, both in the office and on the road. As regional lead you build a team of experts to create a home away from home, offering best value for money for Upfield and helping core business stakeholders to make smart and informed decisions allowing them to grow their business.
You play a pivotal role as a integrator and linking pin to create value-added partnerships with internal stakeholders (business) and internal and external partners (IT, HR, Sustainability, HSE, QA, Procurement, Communication, Office management and strategic external suppliers & partners). to support real estate, facilities management, travel, fleet & mobility and end user IT computing related activities for Upfield.
You ensure that WTS is fully aligned with Upfield’s corporate objectives, purpose and values of care, passion and performance and make certain all partners you work with both internally and externally also live by and embrace this purpose. Leadership, good communication skills, passion and enthusiasm is key to make sure you can deliver the message and make sure all stakeholder become promotors.
The role requires a strong mix of experience in the field of internal corporate real estate and property or facilities management, travel, fleet & mobility along and IT with strong skills in business, financial management, data analytics, a strong track record in managing people, communications, and organisation. Extensive experience and/or knowledge or international production organizations and their practices, processes and procedures is required.
Key Areas of responsiblity:
- Regional strategic planning and analysis for corporate real estate and facilities management, travel, fleet & mobility and IT end user computing.
- Global Subject Matter Expertise on one of the topics mentioned in the previous phrase
- Regional oversight of ongoing property management including lease management operations and other strategic outsourced contracts including capital budget development planning
- Broad oversight of project implementation, including planning, development, direction for facilities and real estate related project work and workplace concepts
- Inspirational leadership and stakeholder management to develop a regional team that is fit for purpose, passionate and enthusiastic for Upfield’s purpose, beliefs and values. The team is composed of WTS associates (GM’s, Location responsible, office managers) combined with a network of strategic partners
- Alignment with Upfield’s business purpose and strategy: Ensuring that regional strategy aligns with and supports Upfield’s and WTS global strategic business direction in close collaboration with regional senior management and business operations.
- Play a leadership and advisory role to internal clients (Market Leads, HRBP’s, ITBRM’s, Office leads, Office managers and your team (Upfield associates in WTS – if applicable and strategic partners) and colleagues in handling complex WTS tasks and issues. Internal stakeholders should be able to make better and informed decision based on your input, your team has to be able to help and guide them. You have to lead by example.
- Delivering and co-creating the regional WTS roadmap and local teams: bears responsibility for and monitors the realisation of the regional objectives of Workplace and Travel Services on the basis of the departmental roadmap and annual plan, in cooperation with the Global Lead WTS, internal and external partners and the customer. You will create the framework that your team will use in their focus areas. The roadmap should contain both the innovation & development of WTS services and the Upfield work environment & community to be able to provide a home away from home and a sense of belonging. The WTS team, both from an organisational point of view, as well as individuals skills and expertise has to be developed and be fit for purpose to fulfil a strategic and tactical role for Upfield going forward.
- Global subject matter expertise for one or more particular topic(s) in the WTS Scope (Real Estate, Workplace, Facilities, Fleet & Mobility, End User Computing): Helping your fellow regional and global WTS leads with your experience and expertise, driving innovation, new market concepts, establishing new solutions and service delivery models, keeping in touch with the market and being seen and respected as an expert in your particular field of expertise. Leading global and regional strategic sourcing missions together with procurement to find the best partners that have the required expertise and the right fit with Upfield. Engaging with leadership teams and strategic account managers of partners and service providers to ensure and setup a great collaboration structure globally. Setting up a framework that will ensure local implementation of global solutions aiding local office manager to enjoy the service and feel support to get the job done.
- Budget responsibility: responsible for the proper financial accounting processing of all WTS activities on site. Direct responsibility is 1-2 million Euros spend per year, indirect responsibility for all regional WTS related activities is between 12 and 15 million Euros annually. Making other internal stakeholders aware of their spending and enabling them to make informed decision is key. You a responsible for creating a mindset within the WTS team and strategic partners to act as if it’s their own money.
- Strategy and setting direction: Setting direction for and developing Upfield’s strategic real estate approach for both headquarters and regional real estate portfolios with focus on flexibility and growth together with the global lead and the WTS subject matter expert for Real Estate
- Overseeing and directing the ongoing operations of all Upfield’s regional facilities (whether leased or owned) to ensure that facilities are operated in a safe, healthy, secure, sustainable, efficient and cost-effective manner, supporting Upfield associates regionally, offering a home away from home, a community people want to belong to allowing Upfield to grow and flourish
- Innovation, development of policies and processes: oversight of ongoing review, revision, innovation & development, and implementation of Upfield’s regional real estate, facilities management, workplace environment planning, procurement standards, policies, and processes
- Data analytics and reporting: broad management oversight to ensure quality and relevance of metrics driven data gathering and maintenance of data for business decision analysis on an ongoing basis for all appropriate aspects of real estate, facilities management, travel and fleet & mobility operations and regular reporting. Output: cost, quality, satisfaction, sustainability, happiness, health and safety are key focus areas, combined with continuous process improvement.
- Service quality: achieving operational excellence and efficiencies through real estate/facilities travel, fleet & mobility functions while providing high quality service to internal clients. Doing it RIght the First Time (DRIFT) is key focus in the coming years to improve service delivery. You are responsible to create a global framework allowing your team to setup Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and monitor performance and quality continuously. Linking WTS topics and following up on (HR Peakon) employee engagement and satisfaction surveys is key.
- Communication: ongoing management of robust internal communications to manage internal client expectations aimed at improving efficiencies and service quality for Upfield staff globally. Use communication as a way to inform and engage associates and help spark the enthusiastic community of Upfielders globally.
- HHSE: Happiness, Health, safety and environment. Carries out the safety, health and environmental management activities assigned to the business unit at the sites, taking into account Upfield’s policy on safety and health at work and the environment, with the aim of achieving optimal working conditions for the associates, visitors and occupants globally. Works together with the Global and Regional HR teams to ensure associates happiness in work and life as much as humanly possible.
- Master’s degree level education or equivalent preferred, depending on experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in large complex organisations with international presence.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of relevant experience. Multinational corporate real estate experience, leasing/real estate portfolio management, broad facilities management experience, travel, fleet & mobility and IT end user computing experience is a plus.
- Project and financial management experience, procurement and sourcing experience, enough technical knowledge related to building operations, architecture/engineering to manage and direct the team.
- Fluent English and Polish (both spoken and written), Hungarian will be an advantage
- Business orientation with financial skills including ability to evaluate cost/benefit and develop business cases for decision-making.
- A track record of developing underlying real estate, facilities and IT management systems and reporting and applying data to drive good decision making.
- Disciplined project management and analytical skills.
- Highly developed personal integrity and ethical values; willingness to risk expressing beliefs about what is right, even in face criticism or disagreement
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and challenge the “status quo” to improve processes focused on end results.
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and deal with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish “business partner” relationships with internal clients and external partners and take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Enjoying and flourishing in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment in a growth company
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!