CD Operations Intern – Tema, Ghana
CD Operations Intern – 6 months Period
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Responsible for a smooth and cost-effective operation between the company, customers, and specific third parties. Key challenge is to develop consistency and coherence in the day-today operation of the CD/Sales organization, thus enabling account, field, and customer marketing teams to focus on core selling roles.
- Support setting the process and contribute to the definition of - National Trade Strategy, Customer Value Assessment, Trade Terms Structure, Coordinate Pricing
- Ensure smooth processes are in place to deliver - Retail Strategy, CBP / CMP, CD input into S&OP, Annual negotiation strategy, Op Co and assortment, Set up and structure all CD business meetings, Sales Force Incentives SFI for Field Sales team
- Maintain and implement supporting tools (legacy CD IT tools, salesforce automation as well as new developments)
- Manage and facilitate internal and external CD communications
- Manage contracts and execution of merchandising agencies provided in store
Minimum of two to three years working experience within the CD/Sales function
- Strong experience in designing and managing processes
- Business planning experience
- Analytical experience
- Project management experience
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.