Senior Category Manager (9 Month Interim)
Senior Category Manager - 9 Month Interim
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Flora, Stork, Elmlea & Rama that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Our Category Leadership team uncovers insights and turns then into action - positively impacting retailer, wholesaler, and category growth.
The purpose of this role is to grow the categories that Upfield foods operates in. In this role you will deliver best in class insight to our retailers and our business, developing strategies, solutions and recommendations to grow our mutual businesses sustainably.
Develop and execute insight-based Category Management strategies that drive actionable solutions and increase sales.
Work with local teams to design and embed the category growth drivers through consumer, shopper and market insight.
- Create the category strategies that will develop tailored joint category plans with customers, making the strategy live and breathe on a daily basis.
- Create channel and format strategies to unlock the category in new retail environments.
- Support the development needs of Category team associates across functional (technical and analytical) skills. Actively support the team’s understanding of insight and data to make better decisions for the customer.
Win At Range Reviews
- Provide category range, space and distribution advice for retailers at range review alongside merchandising recommendations.
- Create world class selling stories that help Upfield win disproportionately.
- Drive Upfield’s category share growth at a higher rate than national average on competitive brands
Deliver Continuous Insight Through Performance Monitoring
- Complete regular performance updates both internally and externally.
- Explore and execute new ideas that result in category and brand growth through use of proprietary retailer information, Upfield systems and syndicated reports
- Liaise with data agencies to ensure we have the best insights and information available.
Be the voice of the Customer internally with Sales and Marketing:
- Bring the customer view to the table aiding in the delivery of Business planning & Choices, innovation launches, promotional plans and JBP building.
- You’re a category guru: You see the big picture and can localise it to the retailer at hand.
- You’re a storyteller: You’ve never met a data set you didn’t like and couldn’t explain.
- You’re a dot connector: If a = b and b = c you see beyond that and all the way to z.
- Extensive category management experience
- Data analysis and insight generation
- Building great customer relationships
- Significantly contribute to strategy creation and implementation
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!