Area Sales Manager - GT
Role: Area Sales Manager-GT
Location – Bangalore/Bengaluru, India
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
- Deliver on Value, Volume and Growth targets - by Sales Executives, Category, Focus geography and Focus channel. Activity planning and forecasting for the assigned area. Planning development of identified towns in the sales area - portfolio, GTM, manpower, etc.
- Achieving the targeted Perfect Score. Delivering on the growth targets of the invested stores. On time in full delivery on the innovation plans. Spearhead sellout activation in focus channels like - such as SAS and wholesale. Market intelligence - competition activity, developments at the in-market level in the food category.
- Planning and delivery the entire distribution agenda for the year - Route to Market, Beat optimization, Coverage expansion, Manpower planning, Span of Control. Delivering on the DAS and Non-DAS Coverage targets. Responsible to sustain the new outlets that are added as part of the agenda. Lead and deliver on the plan of Scale Distributors in the identified geographies.
- Capability building of the entire team of Sales Executives. Engagement with team members thereby retaining and growing the right talent for future. Build a winning culture where everyone in the team understands and deliver on the individual targets on a regular basis. Interact and manage the stakeholders in the branch - logistics, finance, HR and admin for sustainable business growth.
- Custodian of the overall business norms - Unsaleable, Claims, Sales KPIs and Mobility.
- Over 8+ years of experience with any graduation/post-graduation
- Understand the L3M and yearly secondary trend & work on the SKU wise forecasting for rolling 3 months aligning the operating plans & marketing activities planned for next 3 months. Once the Forecast for the immediate month is freeze, share it with the Sales Executives for their area planning. Plan the targets Sales Executives wise to ensure the overall Volume & Value objectives for the area is aligned and share the same to the Sales Executives at start of the month. Split the targets by CATEGORY wise , Channel wise and share it with each Sales Executives to bring in the required focus. Plan the FOCUS brand targets by Sales Executives wise and share it with the Sales Executives team along with the trade support plans at beginning of the month. Identify and plan for a area development for potential towns in terms of business opportunity - portfolio, coverage, manpower and Go To Market.
- Downloading & aligning all Channel execution standards to the Sales executives. Work in the market for at least 12 days coaching the concerned Sales Executives on the perfect store principles and execution standards. Review the Perfect score across the set of outlets on weekly basis and enable focus on the low performing outlets. Share the targets of each STAR store & the trade support for the STAR stores to the Sales executives at beginning of the month to enable them to align all the Field Force team & outlets on the month targets. Weekly review of STAR store progression with each Sales Executives. Plan for any opportunity in case of a sellout activity such as store promoter or shopper activity at area level for SAS & WS. Ensure OTIF execution of any such plan in case it comes from HO or RSO. Gathering regular updates on competition activity , developments in food category companies to be updated to the RSM on immediate manner.
- Plan the coverage expansion targets by state, city level. To ensure that the Sales Executives prepares the same at distributor level with month wise phasing to arrive at the overall plan for the ASM area. Basis the coverage expansion plan at every Distributor area, work out the manpower injection required with span being at 240 outlets/DVSM & enable the Sales Executives to initiate the discussion with each distributor on the count & timelines. Review the ACP along with Sales Executives every quarter to ensure beats are optimized, outlets span is maintained, required infra in terms of DVSM. Ensuring that the plan also includes SDL level targets if necessary. Monthly review on the Values sales from the new outlets opened using the DAS invoice dump. List the above 5 Lac population towns in each Sales Executives area and identify the opportunity for Scale distributors. Once planned & aligned with Sales Executives, the same needs to be consulted with RSM.
- Prepare the CBP for tier 1 distributors in his/her area and align the Sales Executives on the requirements/expectations from the distributor for the new year. Monthly Review of the CBP parameters for each distributor with Sales Executives to understand the adherence on the agreed targets and norms listed therein. Extending one contact per month to each tier 1 distributors to gain a better understanding on the progress. Communicate the Distributor incentive programs, if any, to the Sales executives with clear distributor understanding on targets & deliverables also track the same every month. Quality of distributors needs to be reviewed on Qtrly basis with Sales executives & necessary improvements needs to be aligned at distributor level to build strong distribution network. Keep a check on the ROI being passed on and the timelines being adhered to - take necessary corrections in cases of deviations.
- As part of in market working, the focus is to be on coaching the team on expected execution norms. Identify the skill & competency development needs of Sales Executives and communicate to HR and RSM. Ensure that the team attends DVSM training programs. Identify the High performing Sales Executives and drive recognition & engagement during monthly meetings. Share and recognize good work done by each Sales Executives in his/her area. Celebrate small wins on volume delivery and activity delivery. The work areas like Claims, ARS/PDP, Training, induction, which requires interaction with functional stakeholders in Region to be enabled by seamless communications through mails, calls & standardized templates etc.
- Daily/Weekly review on KPI reports with Sales Executives to bring in the KPI focus on day to day basis. Enable weekly review of Mobility KPIs with Sales Executives to drive the usage across DVSM team members. Ensure submission of the claims for the previous month immediately after the JC month before the deadline of 1st week of next month to Branch office.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!