Operations Manager - Brantford, ON
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Becel, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Reporting to the Plant Manager this position will be responsible for directing and coordinating all manufacturing activities at the facility in order to meet and exceed operational goals and objectives in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, employee relations, customer service, product quality, cost and productivity.
The plant currently has 70+ employees, 6 production lines, and the Operations Manager will have 4 direct reports.
- Join EHS Lead to drive the cultural change based on behavioral safety awareness, where unsafe acts are not tolerated, Near Misses are dealt with and learned from, and employees and management have a common goal of zero injuries. Work to ensure compliance in all environmental aspects
- Actively participate in JHSC meetings and actions resolution.
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure through stablished cadence that operations are running at the highest levels of efficiency.
- Participate in monthly GMP and Food safety inspections and lead, monitor and ensure corrective actions are completed as necessary as per factory inspections.
- Track and report facility productivity improvements.
- Participate and lead daily production meetings, review and track daily shift reports and KPIs to ensure proper alignment between all parties.
- Manage within established budget commitments, performing regular cost reviews and making improvements to discretionary cost spending
- Support and develop Production Supervisors in operations issues and troubleshooting.
- Assist the Maintenance Lead in planning annual shutdowns and Efficiency programs.
- Responsible for developing and driving Operations Excellence Plans to help meet safety, quality and production goals and show continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Assist Shift Supervisors with personnel issues by participating in investigations and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
The successful incumbent to this role is an experienced and hands-on leader who is capable of leading technological and cultural change to drive performance.
This individual must have previous experience with plant performance turnaround in a complex technical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!