Shopper/Trade Marketing Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the role!
The shopper/trade marketing manager develops channel strategy, executes and evaluates shopper activations, recommendations on category assortment and placement by customers in order to grow the category value and increase customer and shopper satisfaction leading to profitable growth for Upfield and the customer. ou will be working closely with the Marketing and Category Management departments.
Planning and Execution, coordination and evaluation of trade marketing activities and projects (incl. innovation, portfolio, activation, promotion, in-store communication, budgeting) with full accountability for Upfield activation plan.
• Management of the rolling activity plan and promotions and continuous monitoring the performance of Upfield categories in assigned channels with budget ownership
• Management of perfect execution of the activity plan by continuously keeping contact with KAMs focusing on the promotion management and promo evaluations. Management of the promo plan according to promo guidelines, monitoring flyer numbers, shares and promo prices
• Implementation of launches and relaunches through KAMs (incl. managing run-out, trade argumentation, presentation)
• Responsibility for excellent in-store communication, in-store shopper activation and communication
• Co- designing flyer communication, all POS materials displayed in-store (incl. secondary fridges) by either adapting KV from Marketing or by own design
• Planning and implementation customer activations (e.g. loyalty programs for customers) for assigned customers
• Initiate tailor-made promotions and tailor-made SKUs and give input to finance for the business case (prepared by Finance) and pre-evaluate the business case for a go/no-go decision
- College/University degree in Economics, preferably Marketing
- Job experience min 5 years’ experience in trade marketing/brand marketing with in-store activation experience in FMCG (category management experience is a plus)
- Food retail experience is preferred
- Project management experience is a must for this position
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, ability to make insights from information, accountability, structured verbal and written communication, open personality (team player), skill in completing multiple tasks and projects in parallel
- Ability to lead own projects and influence others
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in English verbal and written
- IT proficiency (esp. Excel and Powerpoint), Nielsen Answers), knowledge of Space Planning software is a plus
- Driving licence
You’ll report directly to Sander Leenders our Commercial Director Netherlands.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!