Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing owns the Marketing vision and strategy for Upfield Nordics. Working closely with the GM and the global CMO to anchor the Upfield brands and to ensure sustainable profitable business growth, as well as global consistency and local relevancy.
Operational excellence comes easily to you – you are just as comfortable with the latest sales by SKU as you are with a discussion on the creative idea behind our brands. You love numbers and know and understand the patterns in data to bring insight to the table. You understand that by analysing all data points and instigating an insurgent approach to consumer tests to find the sweet spot, will make our brands fly.
We are data driven and provide state of the art tools to equip you with insights, e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to win.
We are looking for people who are obsessed with our consumers. You are grounded in our consumers’ everyday life and understand the consumer journey and how to reach them at different touch points.
You are experienced in working in an international environment and have a good balance of global strategy and driving local initiatives. Collaboration to bring the very best result is in your nature – it’s about getting the win for Upfield.
Positivity is in your DNA – high/focused energy drives you and ignites those around you to do great things. Let’s face it, you’re a bit of a magnet for digitally-native talent…
About the Role!
- Create game changing brand experiences that bring the consumer into our brands and deliver loyalty and commitment
- Lead the marketing organization to bring Upfield brands closer to their priority audiences by designing, developing and delivering effective digitally-focused marketing plans powered by real-time data
- Champion consumer insights and learnings from tests throughout the organization to ensure sustainable growth of the business and optimal brands’ equity
- Develop the marketing organization both from a structural and talent development standpoint incl. hiring and growing the best digitally native brand managers, creatives and media hires
- Ensure best-in-class marketing execution through integrated sales and marketing plans, tools and a suite of testable creative assets and fit-for-purpose production solutions
- Innovation is at the heart, you work across all functions to build best tasting products that tell a story the customer cannot ignore – you are ruthlessly focused on consumer insight to validate ideas, testing, learning and refining before committing to scaling in a meritocratic way
- Manage and own advertising budget within brands’ P&L to maximize ROI and achieve financial plans; fueling top line sales and maximizing margin / operating income
- Drive collaboration between Marketing and Sales, with a focus on driving eCommerce growth, and incorporate feedback to continuously improve marketing vision / strategy and overall GTM integration
- Best practice strategy and execution in digital and PR – drive our brand awareness via owned and earned channels, working to create and run successful influencer events, responding to press office needs and enquiries and, in partnership with our CMO, agreeing strategic direction of all brand comms
Key skills / behaviours:
- A proven track record in delivering brand growth and managing a holistic brand P&L: strategic outlook to define brand targets, sales mix, margin levers and contribution
- A deep consumer focus, taking an audience led approach, driving the Marketing team to translate insights into marketing and activation activity
- A strong creative eye with the ability to articulate marketing briefs and provide feedback with impact
- A driver of collaboration, can lead a cross-functional team internally, delegate effectively and influence across levels to make things happen
- A creative problem solver who can find solutions for business challenges and ensure internal barriers do not get in the way of external success
- Regularly challenge your own assumptions and those of your team to improve our outcomes
- Thrive on ‘making things happen’ and seeing ideas through to action
- Marketing or Business Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Head of Marketing position or similar and minimum 10 years of experience of Marketing
- Language skills: Fluent in English (both written and spoken) and a local Nordics language
- You’ll have worked on a strategic marketing vision including both digital and data and be used to working with and interpreting analytics
- Diverse experience and passion for leading a cross-functional team, combining the unique traits of the country teams to achieve the very best result
- Uncontested track record of managing local, regional and global stakeholders to achieve the Market’s strategic agenda
- FMCG brand experience and capability with a track record of nurturing and growing brands
- Fully understand the commercial journey and possess strong financial acumen
- Willing to travel (10-15%)
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!