Sales Manager Hard Discount & Field Sales
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the role!
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager Hard Discount & Field Sales for our Retail Sales team in our office in Rotterdam, who will report directly to Sander Leenders our Commercial Director Netherlands.
As a sales manager at Upfield, you have a great opportunity to build strong customer relationships to grow our business. You are also responsible for managing the external field service, a team consisting of 12 people. You work with A-brands such as Becel, Bertolli, Blue Band, Flora and Croma.
You are responsible for developing and delivering a win-win customer strategy and customer business plan through the best integration of the Upfield strategy and your customer's strategy in accordance with the stated business objectives. You strive to grow the customer's business through our products to achieve our business growth and profitability goals, and to stay ahead of the market.
- Establish and build a great win-win relationship between Upfield and its retail customers.
- Ensure profitable sales growth in a triple win mentality (consumer, retailer and Upfield).
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and optimize matters with your customers.
- Demonstrate and apply our understanding of category and consumers to our key customers.
- Develop joint business plans for your customers with the greatest growth potential.
- Work in cross-category teams with marketing, category management, supply chain and finance to drive business performance
- Provide great launches and distribution build-up for new products.
- Managing an external field service consisting of 12 people
- Offer the customer insight into the entire company.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant sales experience in FMCG for retail Netherlands
- Minimum 3 years of Key Account management experience,
- Knowledge of Category and Account Management, data driven person
- Knowledge of Strategic Revenue Management
- Energetic, driven, socially strong and curious.
- Hands on mentality and above all want to win
- Potential to grow into a sales director
- Master degree or equivalent by experience, an economics degree is a plus
- A proven track record as an account manager in a retail environment
- An ambitious, customer-oriented attitude combined with strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding of business finances (P&L, value chain) and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills, fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work independently as a team member
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!