E-Commerce Manager France & Belgium
Location – Rueil Malmaison, FR
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that is free from plastic. We have got iconic brands like Solo, Becel, Effie and Bertolli in Belgium, or Planta Fin, Fruit d’Or, Astra, and Végétaline in France, that people all over the world know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we are only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role
Be the day-to-day face of Upfield Ecommerce externally to retailers, providing effective ecommerce retailer management and translating brand strategies into retailer specific plans which deliver Upfield commercial KPIs and ensure that Upfield over-performs online. You will manage the forecasted ecommerce sales, plan digital marketing activity, manage the ecommerce spend to ensure we deploy a plan which delivers Upfield commercial objectives.
You will report to the Digital Marketing Lead, working closely with both the retail marketing teams to integrate a 360 brand approach across all digital channels, and with the local trade sales teams, partnering with Key Account Managers across Belgium and France to synergize digital strategies.
- Support Sales with Customer management for all current and future customers to deliver Ecom sales and drive ecommerce market share, by month, quarter, and year
- Develop and implement Joint Digital Ecommerce Business Plans with core 3rd party retailers; work alongside and upskilling Brand, Sales and Shopper Marketing teams
- Present Upfield as the strategic digital partner of choice with Retailers, sharing insights, and develop collaborative programs as eCommerce champion. Integrate Ecommerce Channel perspective into FR and BE Commercial Process
- Collaborate with category management teams in both countries to analyze the key promotional activities and business trends to understand results (ex: ROI) and develop recommendations for future activities based on insights
- Acquire, retain, and utilize knowledge of the different retailer website technical capabilities and business processes to maximize the presence of Upfield products based upon technical and business operation best practices
- Drive and contribute to the eCommerce strategy, fix the basics for Ecommerce, deliver effective retailer performance marketing, and drive new channel growth.
- Deliver regular reporting on business and brand E-com growth with support from Category team.
- Experience in analyzing and leveraging data as insight
- Monitor Upfield performance in digital shelf through appropriate analytics tools (e.g. Edge by Ascential)
- Improve Ecommerce sales across customers and brands through the testing and scaled implementation of paid and organic media initiatives with 3rd party retailers
- Input into digital customer strategy incl. retailer prioritization and improvements to ways of working
- Synthesize detailed paid and organic search and eCommerce initiative performance data into actionable insights and recommendations towards Upfield business objectives
- Role based near Paris, FRANCE (Rueil-Malmaison)
- Available for occasional business travel within the BE/NL regions (1x biweekly or approx. 30% travel expected of role.) Internal France travel with Key Account Managers for day trips may be required also.
- Language: Fluent French, business English required. Flemish speakers will have preference.
- You have been working in an Ecommerce role for the last 5 years either with a trading or analytics remit at an FMCG or retailer business. You will be looking to take on a hands-on role with lots of exposure to new projects and the ability to make decisions to drive change and growth quickly.
- You will have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
- You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!