Global Engineering Manager - Brantford, ON
Global Engineering Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Becel, Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
As a member in the Global Engineering organisation s/he leads the delivery of the regionally agreed Exco capex program.
- Implements and maintains the Global Engineering strategy within the company.
- Support the Global Engineering Director in planning and managing project priorities for their region in line with the region’s growth ambitions.
- Supports projects within the region to ensure they are properly planned, executed safely, OTIF, strictly within budget and successfully handed over to the respective Sourcing Unit team.
- Supports the implementation of the Upfield Sustainability program.
- Carries the responsibility to ensure the delivery of the projects within s/he scope no matter which region via the locally based Global Engineering team, Central Global Engineering or EPCM’s pending the feasibility and urgency of the project.
- Provides input and approval on the capital proposals for the region prior to submission to the Global engineering Director.
- Responsible for ensuring due diligence and compliance of the projects within the region with the Upfield Engineering and QA standards as well as the application of specific local obligations.
- Continuously strives to find the latest technologies and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity of the global Supply Chain assets and Global Engineering organisation.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
- Contributes to Leading and developing the engineering talent within the organisation and region.
- Builds durable relationships via procurement with preferred suppliers and contractors to ensure reliability and cost optimisation.
Hiring an experienced associate with project engineering/management experience. The candidate will have fulfilled a variety of engineering and supply chain projects with track record of delivery.
You carry excellent leadership skills in Process Engineering and provide strong direction for various teams.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years’ experience in Food CPG industry required.
- Experience working at a senior project manager level; PMO capabilities and experience in large scale multi-disciplined projects.
- Ability to handle complex multi-site projects.
- Professional Engineer Status required.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility to travel intra- and inter-continentally; Travel could be required for at least 1-2 weeks a month within the region or for longer periods if working on an international project outside the Americas.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!