Food Labelling Compliance Specialist
Title: Food Labelling Compliance Specialist
Location: Drama, Greece
Arivia S.A., owner of the brand Violife, member of Upfield, is the world’s leading vegan cheese company and a leading proprietor of plant-based dairy and dairy free products, exporting in 60+ countries worldwide.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company? Do you share our deep belief that plant-based nutrition is the future?
Do you potentially see this vacancy as an opportunity to develop your career within a global leading organization?
As a Food Labelling Compliance Specialist, it is your duty and mission to be the extension of our R & D, clearing the path to help us focus on the critical pieces to drive ARIVIA's R & D forward.
About the Role!
Arivia is looking for a Labelling Compliance Administrator to join our growing team. You will be the backbone to our R & D. This role is a great opportunity for you to learn and evolve. You will receive mentorship, guidance and support and you will be expected to aid in the company's top priorities.
- Review, interpret and evaluate food labels, nutrition labels, ingredient statements, allergen statements and other food labeling aspects to ensure compliance with relevant food regulations, as defined.
- Provide regulatory consultation on labeling compliance customer inquiries or projects. This includes reviewing documentations to substantiate labeling accuracy and claims.
- Review and consult on label compliance for organic, natural, gluten-free, Non-GMO claims, nutrient content claims and other claims.
- Develop and consult on nutrition facts labels, ingredient statements and allergen declarations.
- Develop and provide technical information to customers as needed.
- Address emerging regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling and ensure compliance with current and evolving regulations and ensure Arivia's services meet changing needs.
- As necessary, communicate cross functionally regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current food labeling regulations, regulatory activity and trends.
- On occasion, develop and maintain policies and procedures for department functions.
- Other regulatory/labeling services upon request.
- Things move quickly and pop up regularly at Arivia. Participate in special projects and perform tasks as assigned.
Professional skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Food Technology, Chemistry preferred); a post-graduate qualification will be considered an asset
- 1 - 3 years of experience in similar position(s) in a fast-paced business environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e. advanced features of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (both in Greek and English language)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields
- Knowledge in food regulations (FDA, USDA, Canadian)
- Good knowledge of food product development and processes preferred
- Good understanding of food safety and allergens
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: adaptability, a positive and “can do” attitude, prudence, ownership, extremely detail-oriented mindset with strong organization and time-management skills reflecting the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a team setting, evidence of strong problem solving & critical thinking skills.
You will have to enjoy working in a high demanding business environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. We will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career. At Arivia, we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and will to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to fulfill.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment full of career growth opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ professionals
If you want to make an impact where it matters, apply now!
All applications are considered strictly confidential and will be replied.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-BE1