Senior Category/Channel Manager
Location – Rotterdam (Mid. 2021 Amsterdam)
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Becel, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Reporting to the Director Category Management, the Senior Category/Channel manager has a leading role in the Category Management Team and is responsible for making our marketing plans executable. The Senior Category Manager is therefore the interconnection between Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales and our Dutch Retail and Foodservice Customers. In this position you are responsible for both Category and Channel management. It is important that you have experience with both.
- The Category manager plays a crucial role as the voice of the customer & shopper in the business team and leads the delivery of the business plans in sales.
- The Category Manager is responsible for balancing the needs of marketing/sales with the needs of the customer based upon objective shopper and consumer insights.
- End goal is to translating marketing plans into the best possible execution at our Dutch retail customers and/or professional customers which will lead to profitable growth of the Spreads and Creams categories.
- The category contains renowned brands such as Becel, Blue Band and Croma.
- You will work at the “Nassaukade” and will collaborate with our most important customers.
Main responsibilities Category Management (3 days/week)
- Be the category expert for key customers by objective advice, deep dives and quarterly reviews (category and promo).
- Develop and/ or sharpen the category vision.
- Translate Upfield category strategy to shop floor by taking the Category Strategy to Channels and Customers, selling in category plans and executing across customers
- Delivering business targets by ensuring Category Plans are delivered per key customer
- Delivering Perfect Stores via impactful assortment, promo and shelf advices
- Deliver perfect execution of Category Projects across customers, such as relaunches, innovations and activations.
- Creating great relationships with buyers & customer strategy managers in order to drive profitable value growth of the category and Upfield brands.
- Representing customer needs & category value drivers internally, ensuring alignment of Customer & Category strategy and brand plans by influencing Marketing.
- Use category expertise to optimize promotional strategy based on Nielsen, Ex Factory, Revenue Growth Management, Market studies and strengthen customer promo plans.
Main responsibilities Channel Management (2days/week)
- Responsible for crafting Channel Business Plan (CBP) taking into consideration the key value drivers for various categories relevant to the channel,
- Responsible for the holistic P&L delivery of the channel against set targets,
- Responsible for input as voice of CD into Shopper marketing plans,
- Responsible for landing all shopper marketing activities on ground,
- Responsible for the overall A&P Trade spend, utilizing it to advance the set strategy in CBP
- Responsible for delivering minimal bias vs. A&P trade monthly forecast across categories and brands
- Responsible for planning activities that gain market share in the channel (tracked through Nielson RA for DT and Actual EPOS data for MT customers)
- Lead Data Analytics for EPOS to tap into micro opportunities to gain market share
- Responsible for crafting PS One Pagers for the channel that enable competitive gain through EDGE
- Responsible for leading all shopper marketing for growth activations in Hyperstar
- Responsible for leading and landing all category projects in-store from ideation, pitching to the customer (as customer marketing) and then executing with vendors
- Being the voice of the customer in the Upfield organization
- Coordinating with field team for executing all launches/re-launches
- Previous (>8 years) experience in category and channel management (key account management is a plus)
- Master Degree and a high level of numeracy and analytical skills.
- Excellent engagement, presentation, and communication skills, and an ability to manage a large and complex set of stakeholders
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the category (pro-active & independent worker)
- Strength in challenging others / holding others accountable, particularly cross-functional peers & senior partners
- Experience with working with data like Nielsen, IRI, GfK, SIS and 7-even is a plus
- Experience in FMCG is preferred
- Good Project Management skills
- Passion for our purpose “making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!