Human Resource Business Partner, Manufacturing - Brantford, ON
Human Resource Business Partner – Manufacturing
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Becel, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Develop and drive our business specific People Strategy and end to end HR activities for Upfield Canada Manufacturing Team reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources – North America.
This role drives the people elements of transformation and change in support of the business agenda, while supporting leaders and managers on organizational change, communications and HR matters in Manufacturing.
Additionally, you will drive the agenda for team building and team effectiveness within the Manufacturing Leadership Team via Recruitment, Learning and Development; as well as, the focus on deployment of staffing plans, employee and labor relations and engagement, talent and performance management, OD implementations, compensation processes, training plan for a new Factory Location and learning and development agenda.
- Driving, create and implement the people strategy of the newly crafted Manufacturing Structure and across sites to thrive through periods of change, e.g. acquisition, internal growth, restructurings, leadership acceleration.
- Mentoring leaders and emerging talent to develop, enhance and improve their personal leadership style and management effectiveness, manage Talent across various plants and cross with other functions.
- Working with management and teams to ensure team effectiveness and performance; to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and retention and engagement; while, consistently driving performance management.
- Partner with Talent Management to implement Talent Acquisition and Retention plan
- Developing strategic workforce plans and drive competency development plans for key positions.
- Driving standard OD implementation and build opportunities for leadership and associate development to create a high-performance environment.
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues and also leading the overall site IR strategy.
- Create, implement and support effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Partner with, consult with and influence the function on HR needs to enable delivery of business targets; create opportunities for leadership development, and ensure all employees have development plans to continuously expand leadership and technical capability pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience in operational HR matters within a complex and dynamic business context characterized by different cultures, management styles, Systems, and Industrial Relation.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment - preferred.
- Previous experience with creation of a new plant/warehouse - preferred.
- Strong analytical skills to diagnose organizational issues and provide solutions.
- Must have working knowledge of organizational design, performance management, change management and provincial respective employment laws.
- Planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to work under stress and manage time and resources effectively – leading multiple priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and database management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills – develop solid relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, especially in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!