Title: Junior Buyer
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Arivia S.A., owner of the brand Violife, member of Upfield, is the world’s leading vegan cheese company and a leading proprietor of plant-based dairy and dairy free products, exporting in 60+ countries worldwide.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company? Do you share our deep belief that plant-based nutrition is the future? Do you potentially see this vacancy as an opportunity to develop your career within a global leading organization?
As a Junior Buyer, you will be requested to contribute on the preparation and implementation of the negotiation strategy with clear initiatives and fully measurable goals as part of a team that plays a key role in delivering results within ARIVIA.
About the Role!
Arivia is looking for a Junior Buyer to join our growing team. You exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and superior interpersonal negotiation skills. You are the backbone to our Supply Officer. This role is a great opportunity for you to learn and evolve. You will receive mentorship, guidance and support and you will be expected to contribute in the company's top priorities.
- Create & Manage in a timely manner purchasing orders and update management on status
- Resolve Administrative issues related to PO (1st level of escalation)
- Support Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Monitor supplier performance
- Research select and purchase quality products and materials
- Assist with identifying competitive sources, seeking pricing and delivery schedules, selecting suppliers and placing orders taking into account budgetary and operational constraints
- Prepare reports
- Manage the on-time delivery performance and lead time adherence with vendors resolving any malfunctions
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels (MRP, Monitor Stock)
- Manage and resolve any quality issues on stock received
- Monitor market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
- Things move quickly and pop-up regularly at Arivia; Participate in special projects and perform tasks as assigned.
Professional skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, Finance or any adjacent concertation; a post-graduate qualification will be considered an asset
- Up to 3 years of solid experience in similar position(s) in a fast-paced business environment (as a junior Buyer or Purchaser, or working in an expediting or an order processing function)
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Suite, (i.e. advanced features of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (both in Greek and English language)
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: a positive and “can do” attitude, ownership, extremely detail-oriented mindset with strong organization and time-management skills reflecting the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, strong negotiation skills, a self-motivated individual displaying ability to work in highly productive, constantly changing environment.
You will have to enjoy working in a high demanding business environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. We will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career. At Arivia, we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and will to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to fulfil.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment full of career growth opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ professionals
If you want to make an impact where it matters, apply now!
All applications are considered strictly confidential and will be replied.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-BE1