Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The New Business Development Manager reports to the Head of Sales, Canada based in Toronto, ON. This position requires a true “hunter” mentality to help expand our presence and distribution in alternative channels including distributors, Natural, Drug, Dollar Store, Gas/Convenience, E-Commerce, etc channels. The role will be responsible for achieving planned profit and sales goals for existing and new products/brands within the assigned account portfolio.
The NBDM role puts forth ongoing efforts to drive business and continually build sales volume, and manages the customer communication, senior level engagement and daily internal cross functional leadership in order to ensure on-going development and profitable growth for each assigned trade category.
- Create/develop a Go To Market strategy to grow and develop all alternative channels of distribution for Upfield & Violife brands.
- Apply effective sales/marketing strategies including negotiating trade promotions, listings, distribution and shelf position to deliver targets within allocated trade budgets.
- Develop annual business plans for assigned Customer incorporating Brand Plans, Category Management and Shopper Insight.
- Manage internal administration including Forecasting and trade/deduction management.
- Maintain excellent trade relations and customer support for our brands through effective execution of brand strategy
- Managing the total customer interface Nationally and senior management engagement ensuring on-going development and profitable growth.
- Utilizing/managing trade spend to support Upfield’s overall objectives and strategies within agreed parameters.
- University degree required; business major preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of overall sales & trade / customer marketing experience (including direct channel experience).
- Proven leadership and strategic planning abilities combined with strong financial management, organizational and analytical skills is essential.
- Ability to work independently and self motivated.
- Working PC knowledge in a windows environment required - MS Word and MS Excel.
- A valid driver’s license in good standing required.
- Bilingual French/English speaking ideal.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!