New Century, KS
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Training Specialist will drive and lead Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and initiatives in TRAINING, thus creating an environment with sufficient operational skills and capability to enable the delivery of plant goals. Own and drive the implementation and standardization of operational training methods and materials to promote learning and the efficient transfer of knowledge.
The Training Specialist will work with Department Managers, Shift Supervisors, Leads and Working Coordinators, and Trainers to deliver, coordinate, certify, and document operational training for all employees.
- Responsible for conducting, developing, maintaining, and administering training and instruction materials for operational excellence.
- Standardize the site operational training and qualification practices, processes, and documents; Drive the organization to the use of common tools and methods.
- Evaluate training losses, develop action plans as appropriate, and improve existing learning/training processes, and create new ones, to become more effective and efficient.
- Develop and provide continuous support for the site’s “Train the Trainer” program to ensure that proper training is occurring consistently.
- Ensure all training/learning processes and practices adhere to company policies and operational procedures.
- Lead the Site Weekly Training Meeting to review and track employee training progress.
- Ensure the sharing of best practices & lessons learned (internal / external).
- Train and coach team employees on the use of CI tools; particularly basic and advanced problem solving.
- Drive awareness and employee engagement through the Plant by delivering awareness trainings and campaigns.
- Responsible for managing and leveraging the Upfield training/learning platform, Cultivate.
The Training Specialist must be goal oriented and have a strong desire to improve the performance of the plant and its employees.
You can handle multiple projects and assignments and are flexible to the needs of the New Century facility (ie/training on off shifts; weekend needs, etc).
- Bachelor’s or Technical/Engineering degree required. Equivalent combination of education and experience taken into consideration.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing environment (preferably food manufacturing) required.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in training, designing, and implementing curriculum preferred.
- Six sigma/black belt certification preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written) required.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!