Global Engineering Manager
Global Engineering Manager
Locatie : Rotterdam / Wageningen
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mindset of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table. We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Our purpose is clear: Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet. We will not make any compromises when it comes to doing what’s right for our people and our planet. We uphold a strong commitment to sustainability that guides the entire value chain.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the role!
As a member from the Global Engineering team and as part of the PMO to lead the E2E delivery of multiple capital projects across various Upfield sourcing sites in a sustainable, standardised cost-conscious manner to drive value for the business.
As a PMO Engineering manager, the role will also be responsible to lead, drive and collaborate with other functions to execute the Concept Development, Feasibility Check, Front End Engineering Design and Detail Engineering Designs, Installation and Commissioning of the plant in line with Business priorities.
UGEM will be responsible to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with a strong focus on construction safety, quality, and Engineering standards. This includes delivery of the project with least Business disruptions.
Travel is a requirement of the role, typically 1 – 3 weeks away from home per month
- Work independently to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the Lead Engineer for the region.
- Ensure professional project execution at Factories and Sites with strong stakeholder engagement
- Support project teams in assessing the feasibility and technical viability of capex projects working with cross functional teams and contractors where applicable to define the brief, understand work scope, costs requirements, alternatives and defining viable timelines.
- To Develop Concept, building business cases FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need, bearing in mind local requirements and constraints and the need to standardise equipment across the Upfield network.
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule as input to the FEED report.
- Execute the project ensuring strict adherence to schedule and budget.
- Manage on-site construction and installations by contractors whilst ensuring compliance with Upfield Construction and Quality Standards.
- To ensure technical commissioning and compliance with FAT and SAT performance criteria’s
- Technical training and hand over to the factory technicians
- Minimal EQF level 6 qualification
- 5-6 Years’ experience of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry
- Project Management Officer experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver projects to a high engineering standard.
- Plant Design and Project Engineering experience in FMCG co and relevant Engineering firms
- Working knowledge on International Engineering Standards
- Aseptic process technology and filling experience is a benefit
Technical capability (Desirable):
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel / Power Point and Word
- Participation in safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Participation in 3D model reviews.
- Working knowledge on Engineering software – AutoCAD or equivalent and Agile Knowledge on unit operations like, distillation, filtration, heat transfer etc. Design of heat exchangers, pumps specifications, hydraulics calculations.
- Knowledge on utilities system such as cooling water system, Boilers, Compressed Air and Instrument Air system, Nitrogen system etc.
- Knowledge on tankages, heat exchanger thermal design using HTRI, HTFS etc.
- Revamp project experience
- Pre-commissioning / commissioning, start-up experience
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!