Interim R&D Quality Manager
Interim R&D Quality Manager
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mindset of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table. We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Our purpose is clear: Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet. We will not make any compromises when it comes to doing what’s right for our people and our planet. We uphold a strong commitment to sustainability that guides the entire value chain.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the role
- As Interim R&D Quality Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of processes and procedures applied by R&D, and the interface with other functions, which enable us to develop safe, high quality plant-based foods.
- You will work with our subject matter and process experts to create fit-for-purpose standards and guidelines that will reside in our quality management system, and lead the deployment and implementation across our R&D and other technical functions.
- The initial focus of the work will be on a defined set of standards and guidelines related to product technology and the innovation process but may evolve in line with priorities or as other improvement areas are identified.
- You will report to the Scientific Affairs Director as part of a larger team that includes product safety, regulatory, nutrition, microbiology, and analytical experts.
- The position is available immediately for up-to 12 months and is based in the Netherlands.
- On a daily basis, you will:
- Support the Scientific Affairs Director on R&D process-management matters
- Work with technical authors on drafting or revising R&D standards, you may create content in your own area of expertise
- Work with reviewers and approvers to assure quality of content and secure authorization to publish
- Collaborate with the corporate Supply Chain QA function to ensure documentation meets QMS requirements and publish drafts and authorized versions in the QMS.
- Work as SME with the IT team who support our innovation management software environment
- Implement and train the R&D community to apply the standards in their daily work.
- Engage with the Upfield consumer careline to secure flawless technical information flow from R&D and provide relevant training to consumer care agents
- Degree (Master preferred), in Food technology or closely related subject
- Minimum of 5, ideally 10 years of experience in R&D in a medium to large food or food-ingredients company, this should include product development and project management
- You have a working knowledge of a range of product management and process improvement tools such as specification and data management, change management, six-sigma and have an affinity for quality. It is not necessary that you have previously held a role in quality assurance.
- Experience working in international teams is very desirable
- You are a team player with a can-do mentality
- You are a self-starter, who can work independently
- You are a structured, methodical worker who can simplify complexity
- You are solution-oriented with practical creativity, and always striving for a high-quality outcome
- You are flexible and have the willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment
- You are proactive, disciplined, and eager to learn
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Dutch, Russian or Arabic are desirable.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!