Packaging Assistant Manager R&D
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
Packaging Assistant Manager R&D
Reporting Line: Head of R&D Asia
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. In Poland, we’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Delma and Flora that people know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities. We work in Insurgent Culture with a talented and hungry team, demonstrating Unconditional Delivery Mindset each day. We act like owners, pick up the phone & get it done!
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
Within a profitable industry, Upfield is focused on a long-term strategy: driving growth through innovation. With a fresh leadership team, we have defined a different agenda, underpinned by bold innovation. Packaging is perceived as the key area for establishing a competitive landscape, unlocking optimize yield on our packing operation and at the same time a green global environment by changing its material, shape and usage. The ultimate result being a dramatically increased focus around all aspects of packaging, recognizing its pivotal role in the future success of Upfield.
This has provided opportunity for strength the packaging team, with a talented, dynamic and ambitious Packaging R&D Assistant Manager to support the deliver of a change agenda, working closely with external suppliers, to “bring the outside in” and drive the packaging agenda, to ensure it is central in all future innovation agendas.
The appointment of an experienced and forward thinking Packaging Development Assistant Manager is key to supporting our ambitious development and growth plans.
Through the initiation and delivery of key innovation projects and improvement initiatives you will be responsible for delivering real competitive advantage for the business.
As an integral part of the Packaging Research and Development team , the job holder will be working in challenging packaging projects , focused on sustainability, quality, operational performance, cost and customer value .
You will be fully conversant with the latest packaging technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the business and our customers .
Key Responsibility Areas
- To manage and support the managers to deliver the agreed packaging projects which will devise and deliver the two years packaging road map.
- Responsible to manage projects that will driving margin improvement whilst ensuring the ongoing compliance of the packaging portfolio globally.
- Work in partnership with a wide range of internal partners; Marketing, Supply, Procurement, R&D and Quality along with key external partners globally, to effectively drive the packaging projects.
- Support the Packaging manager to drive new packaging platforms and packaging projects as an integral part of respective category/brand pipelines.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree and a passion for packaging
- 3+ years of experience in Packaging R&D; With considerable experience in packaging and product development, experience in FMCG is essential.
- Ability to create and maintain packaging specification
- Fully skilled to manage subject linked to packaging food safe regulations
- Fully skilled to operate in a traditional packaging laboratory
- Understand principles of packing machine and can conduct packing line trials
- Ability to perform transport test and create report
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories, an openness to change and challenge, as well as ability to think differently and unconventionally.
- Proven track record of delivering significant challenge packaging projects within an FMCG environment.
- Strong understanding of the product development process, including management of key partners; design and engineering consultancies, toolmakers, and material converters.
- Highly agile, both in ability to respond to cultural, societal and industry trends, as well as ability to effectively understand and respond to the needs of a variety of stakeholders
- understanding and passion for all areas of packaging from trends and creative innovation, to execution and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging engineering, Industrial engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.