Deputy Plant Director
Title: Deputy Plant Director
Location: Drama, Greece
Arivia S.A., owner of the brand Violife, member of Upfield, is the world’s leading vegan cheese company and a leading proprietor of plant-based dairy and dairy free products, exporting in 60+ countries worldwide.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company? Do you share our deep belief that plant-based nutrition is the future? Do you potentially see this vacancy as an opportunity to develop your career within a global leading organization?
We are looking for an experienced and confident executive, with the potential to elevate to a Plant Director level within the next few years, to join our team. As a Deputy Plant Director, you are passionate about driving continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. This role is a great opportunity for you to learn and evolve. You will receive mentorship, guidance and support and you will be expected to contribute in the company's top priorities.
About the Role!
Reporting to the Plant Director, with a workforce of over 600+ employees, you are expected to:
- Maximize effectiveness of all available workforce ensuring that safety and quality control issues of the production are carried out perfectly by highest industry standards,
- Supervise all production and supply chain operations and manage the factory management team (Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Production Planner/Scheduler),
- Participate in project teams in order to expand the company’s production capabilities.
- Monitor and run optimum day-to-day operations and trigger corrective actions, while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Strive for continuous improvement, allocating resources effectively and fully utilizing assets to produce optimal results.
- Collect and analyse data to achieve continuous optimization of employee and waste management.
- Commit to learning and implementing plant safety procedures and secure that the safety measures are followed. See to it that all employees always abide by the safety rules associated with the industry.
- Create a team environment conducive to innovation; Integrate the innovative thinking of direct reports and peers into decisions which benefit optimisation, while building the capabilities of team members.
- Achieve project or departmental objectives within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Secure the implementation of corrective measures in case of quality related issues following QA related guidance.
- Ensure that receiving and shipping schedules are followed accurately.
- Be a proxy for the Plant Director when he is absent from the plant.
- Support the Plant Director for budget preparation, presentations, forecasts and month end KPI reviews.
- Be heavily involved in the program review and actions relative to plant readiness for new expansion.
- Ensure smooth inbound and outbound information flows.
- Fulfil legal responsibilities and interact with local authorities once Plant Director is absent.
- Eavesdrop the pulse of the organization (plant) and stay connected to the base.
- Cultivate a proactive, rather than reactive, mindset across all functions.
- Share a trusting relationship with all direct and indirect reports, manage and develop plant staff in collaboration with HR.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and policies.
Professional skills & experience
- Over 10 years of solid experience in similar position(s) in a fast-paced industrial environment with 200+ employees.
- University degree in Engineering (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical).
- A post-graduate qualification (i.e. MBA) will be considered an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (both in Greek and English language).
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e. advanced features of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Leadership skills – Strong mentoring, coaching and supportive skills are essential; gaining the trust and respect of employees and motivating them to outperform is key to meeting efficiency and productivity goals.
- Problem Identification & Solution skills – Since your main goals are productivity and efficiency, troubleshooting roadblocks is essential.
- Proven Analytical & Organisational Ability – You may be pulled in many different directions throughout the day, so managing time effectively is a core skill.
You will have to enjoy working in a high demanding/high growth business environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You will have to deliver on the commitments you make. We will give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career. At Arivia, we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and will to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to fulfil.
- Competitive remuneration package (including attractive salary, bonus and medical scheme)
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ professionals
If you want to make an impact where it matters, apply now!
All applications are considered strictly confidential and will be replied.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-BE1